Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
manveru1
What's DOS?
Views: 864
Message 1 of 6

Backup up apps data without ROOTing?

I found most application available on the Market gives the ability to backup installed applications data only if the phone is rooted (what is not allowed in case of Motorola phones :-P). I used the My Backup before I factory reset the phone, however after restoration I lost my levels achived in Angry Birds and in Bubble Bang (it was over 300 levels, I spent couple weeks on some of them). My Backup handled data only from Note Everything.

Who know the backup application which can backup my games with my achievments to the SD card without rooting the phone?

deathcrush
What's DOS?
Message 2 of 6

Re: Backup up apps data without ROOTing?

it is possible to root motorola phones, it would void your warranty of course. Anyway, take a look at this

Urdle
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 6

I'm sorry but... what kind of answer is that ?

We just want a way to backup application's data without ROOTing our phone, and :

a) You tell us : "don't root or you will be punished" (yes, that's why we ask you how to backup WITHOUT rooting)

b) You point to an external site that says, basically : "if you can't root, you're screwed, you won't be able to backup you app data".

As a matter of fact, MyBackup PRO can't backup app data unless your phone IS ROOTed.

By the way, being a bit of a developper myself, I learned that one app can't access other apps "private" data -by design- unless you can be superuser.

Couldn't you provide a tool that could backup all my phone's memory while in "boot" mode ?

I'm reaaaally disappointed that Motorola won't provide anyway to officially make a backup of the whole phone's data.

I didn't buy an iPhone, I chose an opensource OS

I didn't buy a locked phone, I paid it the full price so that I haven't got any Verizon logo or whatnot.

I chose a defy+, hoping it will last, but hey... nothing's indestructible !

cassiusvm1
What's DOS?
Message 4 of 6

Hello,

It's an Android issue.

It isn't a Motorola fault.

Do you know any smartphone/tablet with Android that backup app+data without root?
Urdle
What's DOS?
Message 5 of 6

No, but Motorola could provide a boot that (like nandroid) let you backup and restore app+data on an SDCard.

The one from Motorola just provides a way to reset all data on the phone, but no backup/restore capabilities.

And of course, Motorola could provide a way to install alternative OS, but I'm dreaming here.

Urdle
What's DOS?
Message 6 of 6

Also, you could provide a ROM with an app to backup data and with «superuser» permission.

That's what opensource is about : If you're a company that want to provide it, you can. It's not iOS, you have the power.

Best regards.