cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jonesy127
What's DOS?
Views: 733
Message 1 of 5

Quick way to enable / disable data delivery?

My current contract means I have a limit as to how much mobile data I uses in a month, so I don't have 3G enabled all the time.

I mostly uses my wireless network at home anyway, but of course when I'm out and about, I have to enable 3G. To do this, I have to go to Settings - Battery & data manager - Data delivery, then click the Data enabled tickbox.

To turn off I have to do the same.

Is there a quicker way to do this? looking at adding an Android shortcut, i can do a long hold on the Settings icon, and then choose several shortcuts, but none seem to relate to data delivery.

Any ideas?  I'm running Android 2.3.4

MotoAgent
MotoAgent
Message 2 of 5

Re: Quick way to enable / disable data delivery?

Hey Jonesy127,

Tap and hold on your homescreen and then choose downloaded widgets. There, choose Power Control.

A widget will be added to your home screen which allows you to quickly toggle WIFI, Bluetooth, GPS, Mobile Data and screen brightness (in this order).

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Nicole

Jonesy127
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 5

According to this Motorola webpage: https://motorola-global-en-aus.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/58676, the buttons are in actual fact Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Location (GPS), Synchronization, and adjust Display brightness.

So not Mobile Date as you have said Smiley Sad

Jonesy127
What's DOS?
Message 4 of 5

Can anyone help with this please??

dogorynogami
What's DOS?
Message 5 of 5

Download APN on/of from Market Smiley Happy you can enable data delivery. And also Stats free, you can see some details of data delivery Smiley Wink