Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MarkosD
What's DOS?
Views: 207
Message 1 of 4

Social Network Widget Failure

Hi

I've had my Milestone 2 (A953) for just over a year now on the UK GiffGaff network. I use the Motoblur Social Network Widget for my Twitter account feed and, for the past year, have had virtually no problems with it. Then, on Friday (10th May 2013) the widget stopped updating the Twitter feed. I've tried removing the account, doing a factory reset, changing the Twitter password, and clearing out the Twitter cache, but nothing will get the widget working again. It will not update either on 3G or wifi. Bizarrely, any direct messages I've received are picked up by the Messaging widget ok. Can you suggest any remedy to this problem - I'm not keen on the Twitter app, as I have to trawl back through all the tweets to find the earliest I haven't seen. I am running Android version 2.3.4 and system version 64.1.22.A953.Retail.en.GB.

Thanks - MarkosD

MotoAgent
MotoAgent
Message 2 of 4

Re: Social Network Widget Failure

Hi MarkosD,

I took a Milestone 2 (retail.en.DE), popped my Giffgaff SIM in there and added my Twitter account. The app showed the updates without any problems so I assume the Blur service is working.

All the troubleshooting steps you have done are these, correct?

- removing the account

- changing the Twitter password

- and clearing out the Twitter cache and data

- factory reset

When you add a different account for testing purposes, does it work? If it does not work then let me know. I will try the same again with a retail.en.GB version.

Cheers,

Nicole

Highlighted
MarkosD
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 4

Hi Nicole,

Thanks for responding. Sorry for delay getting back to you, I've been away for a few days.

I did all the suggested actions, but none worked. Then, completely out of the blue, the widget started to pick up when people changed their profile pictures, but nothing else. A few days later, it started to show tweets again. I had done nothing else to try and remedy the problem, it just started woking again for no reason!

The problem is solved now, but I still don't know why the widget stopped working or why it started working again.

Thanks for your help - MarkosD

MotoAgent
MotoAgent
Message 4 of 4

HI MarkosD,

glad to hear that it works again. Maybe it was an issue at the end of Twitter, only affecting some accounts? Not sure.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Cheers,

Nicole