Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveMILESTONE™ 2 with MOTOBLUR™
All Forum Topics
Options

9 Posts

01-11-2011

3 Signins

40 Page Views

• Message 11 of 20

Re: Milestone 2 battery life

2011-02-06, 22:30 PM

Do you know maybe most convenient way to check which application is responsible for excesive battery drain?

Doing this by elimination (uninstall/disable) one app after another or even in groups is very annoing and time consuming.

Options

17 Posts

05-17-2010

Australia

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 12 of 20

2011-02-23, 1:42 AM

I had similar issues with battery life. Drained very fast.

But i have been using Juice Defender from the market and it has been amazing. Battery is 1.8x better. I have the settings in Juice Defender set to default.

It does a great job to shut down and regulate the 3G.

Options

35 Posts

04-23-2011

Italy

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 13 of 20

2011-04-23, 21:04 PM

I've been experiencing the same issue, so I've been asking Motorola support whether is that correct, that battery don't last as long as a day: they told me to let it discharge completely and let it charge for at least 8 hours 2-3 times.

I don't see an improvement, so next step - as far as they suggest - would be servicing.

But if this behavior is typical of the Milestone 2 then service won't help.

I did give up my old Asus smartphone because battery didn't last more than  1 day... quite unfortunate.

Options

35 Posts

04-23-2011

Italy

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 14 of 20

2011-05-06, 21:37 PM

Kevstor wrote:

Great phone and keyboard but I'm concerned with how quick the battery drops off! I have now turned off all the updates re social media, email push/pull and using battery saver settings but still barely get a day out of it with light usage? My old iPhone 3GS still lasts a day and it's 18 months old?  I turned on wifi hotspot to test it for 15 minutes and it worked great but ate about 30% battery! How practical is that really for any length of time?

This is odd: as far as I can see this post is marked as "answered"  but... which of the post above is meant as Motorola's official answer?

Options

34 Posts

05-10-2011

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 15 of 20

2011-06-01, 4:52 AM

try out juicedefender (i have the ultimate version) and go through the pain of using custom settings (if your savy) it doubled my battery life on my mm2 withotu compromising my usage habits

Options

295 Posts

05-19-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 16 of 20

2011-06-06, 17:28 PM

StevePritchard wrote:

I've not got the official cradle, but I've got two styles of non-OEM cradle.  One is the Kidigi Milestone/Droid cradle, which I wouldn't recommend. To get it to work with the Milestone 2 I had to cut some plastic so it would fit properly, move the internal magnet so it would trigger the phone's sensor, and also file down the micro-USB's spikes because it simply gripped the phone too hard.  The other style of cradle was from Paserro which again was meant for the Droid/Milestone, but it works fine with the Milestone 2 without any modifications at all.

I have, however, experienced some odd behaviours with both cradles, and it depends upon how they are powered. If any of the cradles are powered by a mains DC adapter (and that doesn't matter whether it's a mini-USB, or jack type - the Paserro supports both) then the screen acts very strangely. It becomes very jittery and unresponsive, almost as if it's detecting pressure in multiple locations.  If it's hooked up to a PC, they work fine.

Steve,

Whoa! What is the output of those cradles? Sounds like you've got a conflict in voltage/polarity or something. It sounds like you know what you're doing (moving the magnet around and all), but if it were me I would cease using those DC adapters, no telling what its doing to the phone. As for the PC, USB is a source of constant, clean power. Just my two cents.

Take it easy,

mightyorion

Options

192 Posts

12-03-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 17 of 20

2011-06-06, 18:34 PM

mightyorion wrote:

StevePritchard wrote:

I've not got the official cradle, but I've got two styles of non-OEM cradle.  One is the Kidigi Milestone/Droid cradle, which I wouldn't recommend. To get it to work with the Milestone 2 I had to cut some plastic so it would fit properly, move the internal magnet so it would trigger the phone's sensor, and also file down the micro-USB's spikes because it simply gripped the phone too hard.  The other style of cradle was from Paserro which again was meant for the Droid/Milestone, but it works fine with the Milestone 2 without any modifications at all.

I have, however, experienced some odd behaviours with both cradles, and it depends upon how they are powered. If any of the cradles are powered by a mains DC adapter (and that doesn't matter whether it's a mini-USB, or jack type - the Paserro supports both) then the screen acts very strangely. It becomes very jittery and unresponsive, almost as if it's detecting pressure in multiple locations.  If it's hooked up to a PC, they work fine.

Steve,

Whoa! What is the output of those cradles? Sounds like you've got a conflict in voltage/polarity or something. It sounds like you know what you're doing (moving the magnet around and all), but if it were me I would cease using those DC adapters, no telling what its doing to the phone. As for the PC, USB is a source of constant, clean power. Just my two cents.

Take it easy,

mightyorion

I think the output/polarity is fine, it's probably just not very "clean". If you look on the net then there are a number of people who complain that they have strange screen behaviours when plugged into the mains, some even with Motorola chargers, however, I've not experienced the problems if I use a genuine Motorola charger (and I've got 3 or 4 different ones). My suspicion is that the Motorola chargers are of a higher quality and supply a smoother 5v, whereas the cheaper supplies probably waver a bit, and that's what causes the problem.

Cheers,

Steve.

Options

295 Posts

05-19-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 18 of 20

2011-06-06, 20:28 PM

I agree, OEM chargers to seem to 'condition' the power better IMO. Do you ever notice voltage sags or over/under frequency issues where you're at? I remember being overseas and having real issues with an inconsistent frequency, the clock never kept right lol!

Take it easy,

mightyorion

Options

192 Posts

12-03-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 19 of 20

2011-06-06, 23:19 PM

I'm in the UK - I think our power is reasonably good here, although, I might try one of those cheap mains adapters through my UPS and see if it behaves any better.

Cheers,

Steve

Options

295 Posts

05-19-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 20 of 20

2011-06-07, 21:10 PM

I would be interested to see the results of running the adapter from a UPS as well, keep us posted!

Take it easy,

mightyorion

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms