Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Wearables and AccessoriesMOTO 360™ 2nd Gen & Sport
All Forum Topics
Options

5 Posts

03-04-2018

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

3 Signins

25 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 25
  • Message 1 of 9

Moto 360 2nd Gen black screen with flickering light and getting warm on power

2018-03-04, 11:55 AM

About a week ago my Moto 360 2nd gen froze with a black screen that occaisionally goes a bit brighter and then back to black. I could feel it buzzing periodically as if it was receiving things. My Moto G5 phone told me it was still connected and present but the 360 screen and button did nothing. I googled it and saw comments about doing a full power cycle, holding the button for at least 30 secs or so, taking it out of blue tooth on my phone and trying to then restart the watch. All of these failed and still nothing other than a black screen that gets lighter every now and then and buzzes every now and then. I have left it for several days to completely drain of power and then put it back onto the charge cradle. It imediately buzzes when I put it on the craddle and the screen lightens slightly as if it is about to start but then goes dark. It then sits there on the craddle going lighter and back to black and buzzing periodically. After a good charge time there is no change other than the watch gets very hot to touch.

This 360 is only 18 months old, has been well cared for, never gotten wet or mucky and it has just died on me. 18 months life is not what I expected when I paid over £250 for a motorola/lenovo product. I have a Lenovo tablet I have had for 2 years and that is bullet proof and never let me down.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Options

473 Posts

08-28-2017

Philippines

217 Signins

5446 Page Views

• Views: 5446
  • Message 2 of 9

Re: Moto 360 2nd Gen black screen with flickering light and getting warm on power

2018-03-05, 20:03 PM

wrote:

About a week ago my Moto 360 2nd gen froze with a black screen that occaisionally goes a bit brighter and then back to black. I could feel it buzzing periodically as if it was receiving things. My Moto G5 phone told me it was still connected and present but the 360 screen and button did nothing. I googled it and saw comments about doing a full power cycle, holding the button for at least 30 secs or so, taking it out of blue tooth on my phone and trying to then restart the watch. All of these failed and still nothing other than a black screen that gets lighter every now and then and buzzes every now and then. I have left it for several days to completely drain of power and then put it back onto the charge cradle. It imediately buzzes when I put it on the craddle and the screen lightens slightly as if it is about to start but then goes dark. It then sits there on the craddle going lighter and back to black and buzzing periodically. After a good charge time there is no change other than the watch gets very hot to touch.

This 360 is only 18 months old, has been well cared for, never gotten wet or mucky and it has just died on me. 18 months life is not what I expected when I paid over £250 for a motorola/lenovo product. I have a Lenovo tablet I have had for 2 years and that is bullet proof and never let me down.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi papacity,

We understand how important it is for you to have a good and working device. I'm afraid that you need to send your device for repair. 

Regards,
Tim
Motorola Support

Options

3764 Posts

04-04-2013

United States of America

2720 Signins

25620 Page Views

• Views: 25620
  • Message 3 of 9

Re: Moto 360 2nd Gen black screen with flickering light and getting warm on power

2018-03-05, 20:25 PM

Have you at least attempted a Factory Reset on your watch?  Charge it for a while and then open the Android Wear app (on your phone) and select the Unpair and Reset option to factory reset the watch.  It might not help, but it's worth a try.  If you have to send it in or throw it away, you might as well try a factory reset and see if the screen comes back on.

~Scott
Options

5 Posts

03-04-2018

3 Signins

25 Page Views

• Message 4 of 9

2018-03-05, 20:30 PM

Cheers Scott  but already tried to no avail :-(

Options

5 Posts

03-04-2018

3 Signins

25 Page Views

• Message 5 of 9

2018-03-05, 20:36 PM

I am assuming Tim that you mean a paid for repair. I find it quite galling that a very expensive watch has just lasted out of it's warranty period before it dies. Having spent time searching this forum I can see that this isn't the first instance of similar issues to this and the fact that there are more than one points more to a fault with the product as opposed to some random error with the watch.

Very dissapointed with your bland "send it for repair" response

Options

473 Posts

08-28-2017

Philippines

217 Signins

5446 Page Views

• Message 6 of 9

2018-03-06, 14:22 PM

wrote:

I am assuming Tim that you mean a paid for repair. I find it quite galling that a very expensive watch has just lasted out of it's warranty period before it dies. Having spent time searching this forum I can see that this isn't the first instance of similar issues to this and the fact that there are more than one points more to a fault with the product as opposed to some random error with the watch.

Very dissapointed with your bland "send it for repair" response

I understand where you're coming from. The main reason why I asked you to send it for repair is all because of the symptoms that your device has. We want to help as much as possible.

Regards,
Tim
Motorola Support

Options

5 Posts

03-04-2018

3 Signins

25 Page Views

• Message 7 of 9

2018-03-06, 15:49 PM

Tim,

What is the mechanism for sending it in for repair, do you guys do the repairs or do you mean for me to find an independant repairer. If you then what are the contacts/address/process, do I send it off and you assess it and then tell me how much it is or how does it work please. Also I am in the UK so is there a repair here or do I have to send off to the US??

Thanks

Nick

Options

473 Posts

08-28-2017

Philippines

217 Signins

5446 Page Views

• Message 8 of 9

2018-03-07, 17:13 PM

wrote:

Tim,

What is the mechanism for sending it in for repair, do you guys do the repairs or do you mean for me to find an independant repairer. If you then what are the contacts/address/process, do I send it off and you assess it and then tell me how much it is or how does it work please. Also I am in the UK so is there a repair here or do I have to send off to the US??

Thanks

Nick

You will be sending in your device to our service center. Here's the link. Please choose your country and follow the process. Thanks!

Regards,
Tim
Motorola Support

Options

3 Posts

06-20-2015

United States

4 Signins

36 Page Views

• Views: 36
  • Message 9 of 9

2018-05-08, 5:44 AM

Tim,

I had the same problem, about 3/4th of my Moto 360 2nd gen's screen was flickering and unstable. So I attempted hard resets and factory resets, none of them helped in fixing. As my watch is out of warranty, the only solution Moto service in India says is they can't repair it as they can't do it, even if I am offering to pay for it. They replace the watch when such problems occur during warranty. So I had no option but to do something. So I out of a sudden started restarting my watch multiple time on the charging dock. And surprisingly the watch's screen is back to normal...But sometimes the problem of flickering does come back, so I just hard restart the watch. So can Motorola give some permanent solution as this turns out to be a software rather than a hardware problem (I think).

Also there's an option of force screen burn in protection in developer options but for a reason isn't getting enabled. Please help me out?

Regards,

Dilveer

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms