11-15-2018

IN

4 Signins

46 Page Views

• Views: 46
  • Message 1 of 6

Moto 360 sport dead at random percentage

2018-11-15, 9:50 AM

My watch is been with me for a while now.....but now it has started misbehaving. It dies at random percentages, 

Gives Oly 7 hours of charge..

And is not able to boot itself up needs cradle to boot 

Has someone got any solution?

Solved! See the solution
Options

3764 Posts

04-04-2013

US

2718 Signins

25605 Page Views

• Views: 25605
  • Message 2 of 6

Re: Moto 360 sport dead at random percentage

2018-11-15, 15:57 PM

wrote:

My watch is been with me for a while now.....but now it has started misbehaving. It dies at random percentages, 

Gives Oly 7 hours of charge..

And is not able to boot itself up needs cradle to boot 

Has someone got any solution?

About the only thing you can try is this:

* Open the Wear OS app on your phone > select the option to unpair and factory reset the watch

* While the watch is factory resetting uninstall the Wear OS app from your phone

* Reboot your phone

* Reinstall the Wear OS app

* When the watch is finished resetting pair them together again and start over fresh & clean

If the watch still has the same behavior after that the only real solution is a repair or buy a new watch.  Some users have reported that Moto service centers no longer accept these watches for repair since they are so old, and parts are no longer available.  I cannot confirm that, just relaying what others have posted.

When my 360 Gen 2 finally dies I am not even going to attempt repair, the repair cost is not worth it in the US.  Brand new TicWatch E sells for $129.  My plan is to buy a new watch when my 360 Gen 2 starts to act strange and not hold a charge.

~Scott
Options

1 Posts

12-26-2018

NL

1 Signins

14 Page Views

• Views: 14
  • Message 3 of 6

2018-12-26, 14:42 PM

Hi there,

I have the same problem with my moto 360 sport

It is fully charged and at random percentages, like 73%, 40% and 30% it stopped and won't turn on. I tried to push the bottom for a long time (reboot menu) it won't help, the screen stays black, so it doesn't reboot itself. I plug it on my dockstation and then it turns on, but this is very ignoring, I can't use my watch for now. 

Please, does anyone know what to do?

Options

3764 Posts

04-04-2013

US

2718 Signins

25605 Page Views

• Views: 25605
  • Message 4 of 6

2018-12-27, 16:28 PM

wrote:

Hi there,

I have the same problem with my moto 360 sport

It is fully charged and at random percentages, like 73%, 40% and 30% it stopped and won't turn on. I tried to push the bottom for a long time (reboot menu) it won't help, the screen stays black, so it doesn't reboot itself. I plug it on my dockstation and then it turns on, but this is very ignoring, I can't use my watch for now. 

Please, does anyone know what to do?

After the most recent Wear OS app update my watch battery was not displaying correctly.  It would staty stuck around 100% and never display the correct battery level.  It died twice in the early evening, still displaying around 98% battery.  About the only thing you can try is this:

* Open the Wear OS app on your phone > select the option to unpair and factory reset the watch

* While the watch is factory resetting uninstall the Wear OS app from your phone

* Reboot your phone

* Reinstall the Wear OS app

* When the watch is finished resetting pair them together again and start over fresh & clean

If the watch still has the same behavior after that the only real solution is a repair or buy a new watch.  

I bought a new watch on eBay US.  The 360 Gen 2 watches are still avaialble here on sites like eBay.  While waiting for the new watch I forgot to put mine on the charger the other night and it sat all night with a dead battery.  After charging it from dead to 100% it is now displaying the correct battery % again and alsting all day.  I have read that also worked good for other people, but others have said that makes things worse.

~Scott
Options

3 Posts

11-15-2018

IN

4 Signins

46 Page Views

• Views: 46
  • Message 5 of 6

2018-12-27, 16:40 PM

The only solution I found is to change the battery I changed my battery by purchasing from eBay and it costed around 33 dollars including shipping I find this is the Oly solution there. Now I am getting 32 to 48 hours of standby+usage time 

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

1 Posts

02-18-2020

US

1 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 6 of 6

Re:Moto 360 sport dead at random percentage

2020-02-26, 16:41 PM

I have been reading others who have had the problem of their Moto 360 2nd Gen watches not running after a certain percentage (mine in about 54%. This is something that should have been in the set up book. This was not a cheap watch and after 3 years I can't wear it all day! I don't expect a new watch, but I would at least have someone replace my battery. I can't find anyone local to do this and what I have seen it is a very poor design to allow someone to replace it. If I finally buy a new watch, it probably won't be a Moto watch.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete