Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rsgod4005
Paper Tape
Views: 172
Message 1 of 7

2nd Gen stuck on Android wear 1.1.1.1

Good morning.
I know that I'm a little late to the party but I just picked up a used 2nd gen.
It's showing android wear 1.1.1.1987119 and google play services 7.5.73 with android OS 5.1.1

From what I've read I was expecting it to get the Android wear 2.0 update over the air- but when I check for updates it says it's up to date.

I've installed the "old" android wear app and that was helpful in getting some of the features to set up correctly but it still says that google play services needs to be updated in order to load a few apps.

Is it possible to root and install custom recovery and flash the update--- or --- is there anything that I can do to "make" it do the OTA update?

sajokaz
Bit Torrent
Views: 168
Message 2 of 7

Re: 2nd Gen stuck on Android wear 1.1.1.1

Unfortunately you probably will not get any help here.  No one checks these Moto 360 Forums anymore.

If it's a genuine Moto 360 v2 it should update to Android Wear 1.5.  Then from there it should update to Android Wear 2.0.  Then from there it should update to Wear OS.  It can take many, many "check for update" clicks.  There is another thread here from a few months ago with a workaround that worked for that user 

~Scott
rsgod4005
Paper Tape
Views: 162
Message 3 of 7

Thanks for getting back to me so fast.
I hope I can get it figured out.
I will try a few different android wear versions and see if I can get it to work.
sajokaz
Bit Torrent
Views: 153
Message 4 of 7

Found it.  Check out Post #7 in this thread and see if it works for you too.  If you can find that same version of the Android Wear app for your phone > then try to update your watch > then let the phoen app update through the Play Store, you might be in business.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/MOTO-360-2nd-Gen-Sport/Moto-360-2nd-Gen-Up-To-Date-on-WearOS-1-3/td-p/4...

~Scott
rsgod4005
Paper Tape
Views: 93
Message 5 of 7

Yeah I've been trying that for days but I can't seem to make it work. I've been installing lots of different older versions of android wear but many of them force close on my Moto g7 power. The specific one from the post that you linked runs but keeps crashing. I've tried the repeatedly tapping on system is up to date method with no success as well. Is there a way to root and install from a custom recovery via ADB bluetooth or something.
sajokaz
Bit Torrent
Views: 89
Message 6 of 7

Maybe?  Probably?  But I don't know how.  And those types of discussions violate the forum rules here, so we couldn't talk about that even if we knew how.

~Scott
Highlighted
rsgod4005
Paper Tape
Views: 61
Message 7 of 7

Understood... I wish there was somewhere I could take it but nobody even sells them anymore. 

Top Kudoed Authors