Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
craiglv2
Paper Tape
Views: 158
Message 1 of 6

I love my Moto 360 2nd edition watch, however, I can't pair with new Moto Z4 phone? Help?

I love my Moto 360 2nd edition watch, however, I can't pair with new Moto Z4 phone. Moto tech support says the watches are not compatible with new phone Android OS. Is this true? Do I have any options?

sajokaz
Bit Torrent
Views: 153
Message 2 of 6

Re: I love my Moto 360 2nd edition watch, however, I can't pair with new Moto Z4 phone? Help?

That is totally not true! I can't believe Moto Tier 1 tech support would say that! My Moto 360 Gen 2 paired perfectly with my Moto Z4.  And works great ever since.  All watches running Wear OS are totally compatible with all newer versions of Android on your phone, and even with iOS. 

Was the watch factory reset fully before trying to pair with your phone?  If it was ever paired with another phone and not factory reset, that can cause some issues. But otherwise they are totally compatible and I'm sure you can get them connected eventually.

~Scott
craiglv2
Paper Tape
Views: 149
Message 3 of 6

Re: I love my Moto 360 2nd edition watch, however, I can't pair with new Moto Z4 phone? Help?

Thank you so much! I had a hard time believing they weren't compatible, especially since I can find no web post confirming that.  I'll do the factory reset on the watch  thanks

sajokaz
Bit Torrent
Views: 135
Message 4 of 6

I always do this also, and usually have no problems pairing with a new phone or repairing after a factory reset:

While the watch is resetting, uninstall Android Wear / Wear OS app from your phone.  Then reboot your phone.  Then reinstall the Wear OS app.  Then start the pairing process with both devices fresh and clean, no residual data from previous pairing attempts.

~Scott
craiglv2
Paper Tape
Views: 120
Message 5 of 6

Thanks again, after I did the reset, my new phone immediately recognized my watch and I successfully paired it. I've downloaded all the apps that I can remember, but I can't figure out a couple of things. 

1. Previously, a scroll down got me four options up top including a google microphone which I tapped to ask the watch for directions and things.  How can I restore those features?

2. Also, I used to scroll left to see my fitness app and scroll right to see other helpful apps.  Now, all I get scrolling left or right are the different watch face options.  I can't recall how I changed this over a year ago to set up apps left and right.

Thanks,

Craig

sajokaz
Bit Torrent
Views: 117
Message 6 of 6

Make sure you keep checking the Play Store app on your watch and keep updating Wear OS and Google Fit.  After a few updates and watch reboots you should be back on track with newest watch OS and Wear OS app.  It took a few app updates of each on my watch before everything was back to current.  Google really screwed up the Wear OS update process and made it more confusing....while their intent was to make it "easier". 😁

~Scott
Top Kudoed Authors