Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mielli1
SCSI Port
Views: 435
Message 1 of 8

Moto 360 2nd Gen - Display Black Screen

Have been using a "like new" watch I just received. Everything has been perfect. .. for 3 days. Last night, I placed the watch on dock to charge. This morning, the display had a pink blob and was unresponsive. I can still feel vibration and can power off and on. After power cycling, the color is gone however display remains black with only a small portion visible.

What can I try to do to resolve this issue? 

I have rebooted several times and placed on dock after being turned off. There also is no damage, physical, liquid or otherwise as it was working perfectly until I took off the charger today. 

sajokaz
Bit Torrent
Views: 428
Message 2 of 8

Re: Moto 360 2nd Gen - Display Black Screen

Sorry to hear that.  Can you still "see" the watch from the Wear OS app on your phone?  The only thing I can think of is open Wear OS from your phone and find and select the Unpair and Reset Watch option.  If successful that will factory reset your watch . If it does factory reset, uninstall Wear OS from your phone, reboot your phone, and re-install Wear OS.  Then when the watch is finished resetting set it up like new again.  I hope that helps.  If not the only other option is probably a new watch.  Moto stopped selling and supporting the 360 years ago.

~Scott
mielli1
SCSI Port
Views: 425
Message 3 of 8

I know they have stopped selling and supporting... Which is unfortunate best looking watches on the market still! Call it brand loyal but the other options don't speak to me. 

For lack of any other options I'll try the reset method even though I'm sure I won't see a difference.

Appreciate the reply however

sajokaz
Bit Torrent
Views: 420
Message 4 of 8

You're welcome.  And I agree, best Android Wear watch ever made.  I am currently wearing my third 360 Gen 2.  When mine die I find new / like new on eBay for around $100.  I have four total Moto 360 watches in the family and have had to factory reset more times than I can count.  Hopefully that will bring it back to life for a while.

~Scott
mielli1
SCSI Port
Views: 418
Message 5 of 8

I actually just got this one from a high seller on ebay after wanting one for years! They also told a warranty option through 3rd party. .. really glad I took that now! 

Highlighted
sajokaz
Bit Torrent
Views: 415
Message 6 of 8

I've been getting about a year or so out of each before the battery just completely dies.  The batteries in these are getting old, even if new and just sitting on a shelf somewhere.  But hopefully you can find a working watch that lasts a year or more.  Nothing out there today looks as classy as a Moto 360 in my opinion.  

~Scott
mielli1
SCSI Port
Views: 359
Message 7 of 8

It was looking hopeful... As soon as I confirmed to disconnect and reset the watch... The screen came back! Then after the reboot, multicolored lines appeared still no joy.

Guess I'll wait a couple days and file a warranty claim. It was nice for 3 days.

sajokaz
Bit Torrent
Views: 349
Message 8 of 8

Sorry to hear that.  It was about the only thing you could try.  Hopefully the replacement will work much better for you.

~Scott