Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
asselljj
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,334
Message 1 of 5

Moto 360 2nd Gen will not boot

After an update and attempted restart in Oct 2016, my Moto 360 2nd Gen will not boot.  It simply will not start.  I've tried holding the button down for various time intervals (up to 2 mins) hoping to force a factory reset, but there is no reaction from the watch (haptic or otherwise).  

I've attempted to return to Motorola for repair, but they claim to not have my serial number in their database which stops the return process in its tracks.  After numerous phone calls to support I was able to get RMA # only to have them redirect me to the site that wouldn't accept my serial number in the first place.  The first question the RMA process asks is what's your serial number.  Here's hoping someone has a similar experience / solution.  I'm sitting here with a $300 brick!

Highlighted
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 1,323
Message 2 of 5

Re: Moto 360 2nd Gen will not boot

@asselljj wrote:

After an update and attempted restart in Oct 2016, my Moto 360 2nd Gen will not boot.  It simply will not start.  I've tried holding the button down for various time intervals (up to 2 mins) hoping to force a factory reset, but there is no reaction from the watch (haptic or otherwise).  

I've attempted to return to Motorola for repair, but they claim to not have my serial number in their database which stops the return process in its tracks.  After numerous phone calls to support I was able to get RMA # only to have them redirect me to the site that wouldn't accept my serial number in the first place.  The first question the RMA process asks is what's your serial number.  Here's hoping someone has a similar experience / solution.  I'm sitting here with a $300 brick!

If the site won't take your serial number, then you should call back with the serial number and see if someone can help. There should be a number on the edge or back of the watch that will let them look up the details. Do you have the serial number that is on the box? Where did you buy the watch?

Have you tried putting the watch on the charger? Is there any reaction if you leave it on the charger for an hour or two?

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
asselljj
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,293
Message 3 of 5

My box is long gone, so I cannot get the serial number from there.  I have had 3 calls with the Motorola Call Center; all three had me read them the numbers in light ink on the back of the watch which is supposed to be the serial number (starts with 3Z2K). That is the number that they say they cannot find.  The watch came from Amazon.  When it failed, it was outside of the return window so no luck there either.  

I've tried various charge times.  Letting it sit for a few weeks to drain the battery, then charge again.  All to no avail...

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,285
Message 4 of 5

@asselljj wrote:

My box is long gone, so I cannot get the serial number from there.  I have had 3 calls with the Motorola Call Center; all three had me read them the numbers in light ink on the back of the watch which is supposed to be the serial number (starts with 3Z2K). That is the number that they say they cannot find.  The watch came from Amazon.  When it failed, it was outside of the return window so no luck there either.  

I've tried various charge times.  Letting it sit for a few weeks to drain the battery, then charge again.  All to no avail...

Hi asselljj -

Let me reach out to you to get this resolved.

Rnordm1
What's DOS?
Views: 74
Message 5 of 5

Was this every solved? As mine is stuck on the animation dots and nothing works.

Rachael

Also sitting on an expensive brick

@asselljj wrote:

Top Kudoed Authors