cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Martinr
Blue Screen Again
Views: 15,661
Message 1 of 13

Moto 360 2nd gen 42mm battery replacement?

Hi!

I have a 42 mm moto 360 v2 and it has started dying after half a day since wear 2.0. I have reset the watch and everything else that is standard procedure. I would like to replace the battery. There is no warranty left so dont care about that (bought at release). I would like to replace it myself but can't find any scematics or teardowns. Anyone have any tips on how to dissasemble the thing and replace the battery?

Thanks!

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 15,652
Message 2 of 13

Re: Moto 360 2nd gen 42mm battery replacement?

@Martinr wrote:

Hi!

I have a 42 mm moto 360 v2 and it has started dying after half a day since wear 2.0. I have reset the watch and everything else that is standard procedure. I would like to replace the battery. There is no warranty left so dont care about that (bought at release). I would like to replace it myself but can't find any scematics or teardowns. Anyone have any tips on how to dissasemble the thing and replace the battery?

Thanks!

Hi @Martinr

It is sad to hear that you had issues after the update, but have you tried resetting your watch? Swipe left on the watch face, then scroll down and tap Settings > Factory reset. It is normal for any device to drain its battery after the latest update as it requires more battery to successfully complete its update. It may take a few charging cycles before the battery settles after an update. We suggest customers observe their phone for days about this behavior and see if there will be some improvement.

Motorola does not recommend customers doing self-repair as this may damage and void the warranty of the phone and will be considered as Physical Damage or Out of Warranty damage. I'm afraid that our repair team will no longer be able to repair your device as it has been touched by a non-Motorola technicians. Once our customers have done self-repair, they are now on their own. Motorola will not be responsible for any lost  if the device has been touched by a non-Motorola technician at the first place. But since you also had mentioned that the device is already out of warranty, you can still submit it in for replacement through this link, but just to set your expectaion, there would be an out of warranty fee.

Regards,
Ella
Motorola Support

Martinr
Blue Screen Again
Views: 15,646
Message 3 of 13

Thanks for the reply! 

As I said, I have reset the watch. Twice actually and the battery has been the same for ish two weeks. (steadily declining for months but now unusable) 

So there are no schematics for the watch? As I said, I don't care if it voids anything. I am even planing to put a dremel to the watch to sand it down if that tells you how I like to play with my gadgets Smiley Happy 

dsmith71
Paper Tape
Views: 15,568
Message 4 of 13

I fixit has a tutorial on tear down of the Moto 360 Gen 1.  This might help

https://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Motorola+Moto+360+Teardown/28891

Tsquare7
Paper Tape
Views: 12,704
Message 5 of 13

I was having problems with my Moto 360 battery life after I uploaded the newest release. Last night I reset to factory settings. I no longer have battery problems granted it has only been a day. After wearing my watch all day I still have 86% battery remaining.at 7:00 PM

Soggy
Paper Tape
Views: 12,573
Message 6 of 13

I drained my watch battery by continually trying to turn it on when it said there was no battery!  Then I left it off the charge stand for a few days and then charged it.

As soon as it came on it said it was at 30% and for about 2 days I had nearly all day battery life then it went back to turning off at between 70-80%!

hickhamt
What's DOS?
Views: 11,830
Message 7 of 13

SOGGY!!! YESSSS!!!!! this has been happening for the past week or so for me too!!! found your reply looking for any info on this! driving me crazy.. same thing as yours.. i get a full battery after charging all night, i put on the watch.. battery life is great all day.  then around 7 or 8pm  at night even with 65% battery it just shuts off by itself.. if you try to boot it, you get the recovery screen saying low batt.. but if you put it on the charger, it boots and then goes to charging mode, and the circle battery meter says it's like 40% already... ugh.. just got a new pixel 2XL and i know i'll have to factory reset it any way to get it on the new phone. we'll see but i suspect this is definitely an OS update issue.. some glitch or bug in the code that needs to get squashed ASAP!!

sorry it's happening to you, BUT im glad im not the only one! lol

Highlighted
hickhamt
What's DOS?
Views: 4,297
Message 8 of 13

MOTO_Ella, you guys are terrible... im sorry, but the fake help is over the top stupid. we all know moto screwed up here and will not acknowledge the problem. I'm in IT for 20 years, but i know it doesn't take that experience to smell a bad update when it happens. Before wear os 2 i was fine, after wearOS2 update, im screwed.... ZERO acknowledgement of the problem from moto.. im moving on to a Samsung Gear S3 or waiting for the crop of watches promised by the holidays.. but Im DEFINITELY not buying anything from Motorola ever again... terrible business ethics to leave a (albeit tiny) segment of your customers out in the cold with a $300 watch that they cant use after a software update borked it....  so disappointing... and i GUARANTEE that NO ONE will reach out to me..   here's my email address : hickhamt@gmail.com  and here's my phone number 314.266.9158 .... if you guys had any balls at all to call me and explain your (actual) official stance on why thousands of Moto 360 gen 2 owners have paperweights after the wear 2.0 update, i'd be SHOCKED and will publically publish my apology.... but im sure this wont happen and will fall on deaf ears. 

Tsquare7
Paper Tape
Views: 4,295
Message 9 of 13

I did a factory reset and did not allow the update and my watch has worked fine for over 6 months

NomusaMagic
Paper Tape
Views: 3,123
Message 10 of 13

Totally feel your pain. Plz see my Oct 2018 experience. Maybe they'll dig up a replacement watch for you too for $75. Not trying to be funny but though I'm a committed Android user ... (Main phone Note 8, long history of Samsung, still have ORIGINAL DROID - VZW/Motorola, turned in DroidPro - Motorola for $100-200 (forgot) Best Buy gift card) .... I have an iPad + Apple Watch 3 connected to a kid's castoff, slow as H  iP6. When you have problems .. Apple does EVERYTHING to satisfactorily resolve it. Often on visit #1. I'm CERTAIN Motorola knows Wear OS destroyed a lot of watches and they also know that to offer me TEN PERCENT on another purchase after $400 watch purchased 3/2016 failed is INSULTING. Good luck!!

Top Kudoed Authors