Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Felipe2105
Paper Tape
Views: 983
Message 1 of 12

Moto 360 2nd gen battery

The battery on my watch lasts about half a day now which is crazy. I need to get it replaced but nobody from Motorola/Lenovo can give me a ballpark cost for this.

I don't particularly want to pay the postage and effort to get it returned if the cost is extortionate.

Does anyone have an idea of how much this would cost? Even roughly? Or even where else I can get the battery repaired? 

Cheers! 

stepheng273
What's DOS?
Views: 920
Message 2 of 12

Re: Moto 360 2nd gen battery

I chatted with someone at the beginning of July and the price they told me was $75 to send my watch in for replacement.

This is part of my chat log from that day

[06:13:40 PM]Bernadeth: In order to send the device for replacement you need to pay for an Out of Warranty fee.
[06:13:53 PM]Stephen: And how much would that be?
[06:14:01 PM]Bernadeth: It cost $75.00.

HermitCrab
Paper Tape
Views: 829
Message 3 of 12

If you perform the work yourself you can get a battery from Amazon for around $35.
NomusaMagic
Paper Tape
Views: 577
Message 4 of 12

Likewise, I had random shutdowns with 50-80% remaining AND rapid battery drains. I called 800# and was told $75 to get a replacement battery. Ok ... IFixit store by my said they don't touch smartwatches. Motorola then called back (Oct 2018), they have NO remaining batteries so were gonna mail BACK my defective 360 2ndG . But ... Would give me 10% off on ANOTHER purchase.

Really? 3/2016 I spent $400+ and to hear "too bad, so sad" was unacceptable. I went on Twitter rant. Motorola called AGAIN. They would replace entire WATCH .. but .. configuration I bought was no longer available so they offered + I accepted a rose gold ladies model. BUT ... it's on AndroidWear 1.4. Gazillion attempts to update to Wear OS caused battery drain, freezing, etc. I decided THAT was what likely wrecked my first watch so I'm gonna go with the UNIVERSE talking to me and saying, "leave well enough alone". I HATE that awful white background in the apps area but I have an Apple Watch 3 and this Moto (limited as it is), does exactly what I need it to. Notifications (text + email) and ability to accept a call w/o digging thru my purse or risking the dog taking off after a deer and knocking phone outta my hand

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 551
Message 5 of 12

I don't mind paying the $75.00 but I do not know where to send my watch. The paperwork that came with my watch is not in English. Is there a repair facility in the USA? How do I contact them?

Deutsche Community Comunidad en Español English Community Русскоязычное Сообщество Communidade Portugues

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please click the "Accept As Solution" button.

I am not employed by Lenovo or Microsoft. I am a volunteer.

SpywareHammer

Highlighted
sajokaz
Bit Torrent
Views: 547
Message 6 of 12

At the top of each forum page is a Support option with the link to Customer Support for your region (USA in this case).  That's the only way to know for sure if the US repair center will accept a watch for repair.  Some recent posts have stated they no longer accept 360 watches for repair; have no parts available.  But it doesn't hurt to contact Customer Support and ask.

~Scott
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 545
Message 7 of 12

Thank you, I'll try again.

Edit: I just called and was told to buy a new watch or get a battery locally and find a shop to do the work. Motorola does not have a list of authorized repair shops. Jewelers in my area won't touch smartwatches. Sadly, my last option is to research other brands. Smiley Sad  It's only a battery that needs to be replaced.

Deutsche Community Comunidad en Español English Community Русскоязычное Сообщество Communidade Portugues

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please click the "Accept As Solution" button.

I am not employed by Lenovo or Microsoft. I am a volunteer.

SpywareHammer

stepheng273
What's DOS?
Views: 538
Message 8 of 12

Literally the only place that I've found that has batteries for the gen2 360 is AliExpress. They have them for $35. I can do the replacement myself so that's probably what I'll end up doing.

HermitCrab
Paper Tape
Views: 535
Message 9 of 12

stepheng273
What's DOS?
Views: 532
Message 10 of 12

I have the 46mm version which has a slightly larger battery. Also, Dec. 14 delivery date!! The one on AliExpress that I saw was like 2-3 weeks max delivery time.

Top Kudoed Authors