Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hoffman5
Paper Tape
Views: 8,273
Message 1 of 11

Moto 360 2nd gen won't charge or boot

So my Moto 360 will not charge or boot. The battery drained and I stuck it on the charger and it seems to be in this infinite loop of starting and immediately shutting down. It will vibrate once and then nothing. A few seconds later it will vibrate again and the process starts over. The charging light is on but there is no battery indicator. The backlight glows then goes black again and the whole process repeats. Not sure what to do now. My gold Moto 360 doesn't have this problem on the same charger so I'm figuring the charger is not the problem. Anyone else have this happen? Any tips?

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 8,205
Message 2 of 11

Re: Moto 360 2nd gen won't charge or boot

@hoffman5 wrote:

So my Moto 360 will not charge or boot. The battery drained and I stuck it on the charger and it seems to be in this infinite loop of starting and immediately shutting down. It will vibrate once and then nothing. A few seconds later it will vibrate again and the process starts over. The charging light is on but there is no battery indicator. The backlight glows then goes black again and the whole process repeats. Not sure what to do now. My gold Moto 360 doesn't have this problem on the same charger so I'm figuring the charger is not the problem. Anyone else have this happen? Any tips?

Hi hoffman5,

Have you tried pressing and holding the power button for about 30 seconds while it is on the charger?

Regards,

JM

Motorola Support

hoffman5
Paper Tape
Views: 8,186
Message 3 of 11

Yes, I have tried that. It will vibrate but the screen stays black, although the backlight does come on. I have also tried getting into the bootloader, but nothing appears on that screen either. If there is enough battery to power the watch on when I stick it on the charger, it will vibrate once, wait a few seconds, shut down and then vibrate again and it keeps running that cycle until it gets very hot and then it just shuts down. No charge indicator on the watch face or anything, just a blank black screen with backlight on. The charge light on the charger does appear and I have tried using a different charger and the same issue happens. 

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 8,182
Message 4 of 11

@hoffman5 wrote:

Yes, I have tried that. It will vibrate but the screen stays black, although the backlight does come on. I have also tried getting into the bootloader, but nothing appears on that screen either. If there is enough battery to power the watch on when I stick it on the charger, it will vibrate once, wait a few seconds, shut down and then vibrate again and it keeps running that cycle until it gets very hot and then it just shuts down. No charge indicator on the watch face or anything, just a blank black screen with backlight on. The charge light on the charger does appear and I have tried using a different charger and the same issue happens. 

Considering this, repair/replacement is your next step. You may check and visit this link for your repair/replacement options: https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/mcp/service/

-JM

hoffman5
Paper Tape
Views: 8,174
Message 5 of 11

Thanks for the reply. I have tried this but I do not have access to the IMEI number. The only number I have access to is the HSN number on the back of the watch.

orpheus922
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 8,134
Message 6 of 11

Same thing.

I have a 360 sport, updated to AW 2.0.  The device itself is only 8-9 months old, but since it was replaced under an RMA, motorola is not honoring the warranty, and have transferred the warranty to the old (defective) device I had replaced.

After the update, the watch started resetting frequently.  Did the resest, unpair, and re-pair dance- and within days, the watch screen went black and wont turn back on.  Vibrates on charger, and no amount of button pressing or tapping helps.  Screen is dark while on charger (but seems to be lit black, because it has a slight glow to it).  I have not been able to solve this, but it looks like there are a lot of people with similar problems

hoffman5
Paper Tape
Views: 8,130
Message 7 of 11

Same thing here and it is really frustrating as I can't access the IMEI, therefor I'm unable to fill out their stupid online request. The HSN seems to be useless to their customer service people and no one seems to know what to do. They pretty much might as well have said "tough luck".
orpheus922
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 8,077
Message 8 of 11

I used the MSN number from the back of the watch to get the IEMI.  Give the support people a call.  It is almost the only thing they can help you with, but maybe you'll have luck with their warrany form.

My experience has not been good.  Moto/lenovo have this weird strategy of breaking customers devices and then telling them to pound sand.  Instead building a base of a loyal customers, or even apathetic ones, they are becoming hated by consumers.  It is a terrible business model.

At this point I will tell people to stay away form theirt garbage products and worse support.  I used to be a fan though. Working with me on this issue would have made me a supporter and advocate.

orpheus922
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 8,075
Message 9 of 11

I used the MSN number from the back of the watch to get the IEMI. Give the support people a call. It is almost the only thing they can help you with, but maybe you'll have luck with their warrany form.

My experience has not been good. Moto/lenovo have this weird strategy of breaking customers devices and then telling them to pound sand. Instead building a base of a loyal customers, or even apathetic ones, they are becoming hated by consumers. It is a terrible business model.

At this point I will tell people to stay away form their garbage products and worse support. I used to be a fan though. Working with me on this issue would have made me a supporter and advocate.
DLW_Moto
What's DOS?
Views: 6,895
Message 10 of 11

Just had this same issue. Fortunately, I had another qi charger (that I use to charge my Nexus 7). I laid the watch on there and after a 10 minutes or so of the same behavior, it booted and started charging. Gets a little warm, but seems to be working. My guess is it's a stronger/faster charger but I didn't check the specs.

Like many others, I started having battery issues after the last update, with the watching dying at 60% battery. This time, it seems that the battery got so low that the charger couldn't charge it fast enough to overcome the drain of bootup. Why you can't turn the watch off completely is beyond me.

Anyway, if you have another charger around, you might try that.

HTH

Darrell

Top Kudoed Authors