Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shaner8750
Paper Tape
Views: 1,675
Message 31 of 40

Re: Replacement band for 360 Sport

I was given that speech after 11 months, the diagnosis fee of $39 plus tax, then another 130$ to actually fix a problem that I obviously know is wrong.

Who needs to diagnose it? So instead i dished an extra 50$ and got the ticwatch 2 and I love it. 

It has changeable watch bands, great battery life, has a speaker as well as mic and AW2 out of the box. I'm very happy with this watch as so far it's holding up, the Chinese sure know how to make a competitor watch for a decent price. Smiley Wink

Starwolf0007
What's DOS?
Views: 1,579
Message 32 of 40

Hey saw love my moto360 sport but hate the band bought it last year as a b day gift for myself and the band split on me. Contacted Motorola and they replaced the original free of charge. Now the replacement band for the new watch that they sent me broke in half. I know warranty doesn't cover physical damage but I've seen a lot of post about the same damage happening to multiple people. Just would like to get my watch fixed or replaced for a better one.

basecore
Paper Tape
Views: 1,369
Message 33 of 40

Hello moto 360 sport owners,
I found a moto 360 sport housing at https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2641237 .
I have cut the band and modified the 3d model. My version can be found at https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2858248.
I don't own a 3d printer so I used an external internet 3d printer service (just google for 3d printer service). I have paid about 23€ (including tax and shipping).

photo_2018-04-12_09-55-02.jpgphoto_2018-04-12_09-50-51.jpg

Miuzza
Paper Tape
Views: 1,068
Message 34 of 40

I got my watch in 2018. it is now 2018 and it has broken twice.  Unfortuntaly, the second time, it is not under warranty.

rs3736
Paper Tape
Views: 736
Message 35 of 40

OK, so my strap broke after over a year since I bought it.

Contacted motorola support, they said it needed to be sent to Germany (I am in UK) to be looked at. No mention of charges. They said they'd repair it.

Sent it.

Charge for repair of the broken strap is 200EUR. This is an insane price, given I was able to purchase the device for £150. Repair company website is entirely in german and unintelligible, it took me 3 days to work out how to pay the return charge (yes, they do indeed hold your device "hostage", and won't return it unless you pay). Had to pay 33.87 EUR to get them to return it (otherwise they were going to destroy it). Had to pay by "send money via paypal" - how like being mugged is that? They refuse to sell a replacement part for me to repair it myself. They cited the damage as the reason they were unable to fix it under warranty. No mention of that policy when I first sent the device off to them either. They do not repair devices even under warranty where "mechanical damage" has taken place, and a strap breaking is classed as "mechanical damage".

So the warranty is actually fraudulent, too. Their whole repair business process is of questionable legality.

Anyway, clearly these people are of limited intelligence - if someone sends a device for repair, the whole point is that the repair needs to be done. You cant cite the fact that it needs repair as the reason you won't repair it. Seriously messed up logic, there, Ingram Micro, Motorola, and Lenovo.

My device has not been returned yet.

Moto 360 Sport devices are not repairable and all guesses at repair costs on this forum thread are LOW - the cost is ~200EUR, so just throw the device and buy one from a different manufacturer as it will be cheaper.

For such a high-cost item, Motorola/Lenovo should NOT be selling them, and should be offering consumers a recall and refund or the option to keep the watch under the full knowledge that *IT IS GUARANTEED TO BREAK UNDER NORMAL USE CONDITIONS*. And from this thread you can see that they know about this issue, and are failing to do anything about it, or communicate on this issue.

If anyone else reads this - please take my experience into your consideration when thinking about purchase of any device by Lenovo/Motorola as this level of support is probably not something you will want to become engaged with.

Motorola/Lenovo - respond.

Disgusting.

mabnyc
What's DOS?
Views: 638
Message 36 of 40

I have the same problem

rs3736
Paper Tape
Views: 631
Message 37 of 40

Whatever you do, do not attempt to have Motorola fix it. It's 190EUR to do. Better off buying a second broken one and replacing the internals yourself if the strap is good.

Or 3d print yourself a replacement housing and buy OEM straps. 

Maybe the 360 V2 housing will fit I don't know, there was one of those listen on eBay a while back.

Motorola will NOT sell a replacement part. If you send your watch off you will have to pay 33EUR to get it back.

If I end up 3D printing one I'll post the STP files so anyone can make their own housing. On my todo list for 2019. 

weasfl
What's DOS?
Views: 539
Message 38 of 40

I also love my Moto 360 sport (gen 2) and was sad when the watchband tore.

I tried many different things to fix it --locktite, sugru, gorilla glue all pretty much immediately failed to hold to the silicone.

While trying (and failing) those solutions, I tried switching to other holes in the band, which eventually tore, too.

I'm writing because I finally found something that did work!

Sil-poxy adhesive. https://www.amazon.com/Smooth-Sil-poxy-Rubber-Silicone-Adhesive/dp/B00NGZHGFI 

It seemed to set in about 15 minutes, but to be safe, I let it sit overnight before trying to use the watchband on one of repaired holes. It held! It's been a week now, and it shows no signs of re-tearing yet. I expect that eventually it will tear again, at which point I plan to apply the sil-poxy again.

CoolGamesNet
Blue Screen Again
Views: 477
Message 39 of 40

Amazon link expired -
Use manufacturer's site to find local seller.
https://www.smooth-on.com/products/sil-poxy/
Highlighted
CoolGamesNet
Blue Screen Again
Views: 58
Message 40 of 40

If anyone ever needs or reads here then I have found a cheap fix !

https://www.homedepot.com/p/VELCRO-Brand-8-in-x-1-2-in-One-Wrap-Ties-Black-5-Count-90726/207069378

Trim to fit holes with scissors.
Adusts so much more comfortably.

@CoolGamesNet wrote:
Amazon link expired -
Use manufacturer's site to find local seller.
https://www.smooth-on.com/products/sil-poxy/

Velcro fix - IMG_20190901_125710547.png