Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
curve
What's DOS?
Views: 1,964
Message 1 of 8

Wear 2 Disappointment!

I've upgraded successfully, but there are definite pros and cons to this update.  The Cons are REALLY bugging me.

Pros

Improved UX

Cons

No vibrate on watch when notifications arrive (and no on screen display - you have to swipe up)

No 'OK google' command - you have to press and hold the watch button to activate Google Assistant

Is there any way to reinstate notification vibration and voice activation of Google assistant?

zidz
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,899
Message 2 of 8

Re: Wear 2 Disappointment!

@curve wrote:

I've upgraded successfully, but there are definite pros and cons to this update.  The Cons are REALLY bugging me.

Pros

Improved UX

Cons

No vibrate on watch when notifications arrive (and no on screen display - you have to swipe up)

No 'OK google' command - you have to press and hold the watch button to activate Google Assistant

Is there any way to reinstate notification vibration and voice activation of Google assistant?

You can enable the 'always listening for OK Google' in the settings. I also have vibrations during notification and you also have a setting for how the notification card should appear.

Did you try to do a factory reset after the upgrade? That solved alot of the issues I had.

curve
What's DOS?
Views: 1,789
Message 3 of 8

Thanks, I've now found the setting for 'OK Google detection' in the personalisation settings menu.

It appears the loss of notifications and related watch vibration was fixed by quitting the 'Take a tour of Wear 2' notification that comes up when the watch is upgraded.  Its called something like that anyway, obviously I can see it now I've quit it  ;-)

tireddaddy
Paper Tape
Views: 1,648
Message 4 of 8

I got mine to work after AW 2.0 upgrade. After the upgrade I -

1. Unpaired the watch

2. Deleted Android Wear app from the phone

3. Cleared the cache on the Google Services app

4. Factory reset the watch

5. Added the watch back as if new

Not sure if I really had to do all that, but I started over here first so steps 1-3 were already done by the time I got here...

https://productforums.google.com/forum/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer#!topic/android-wear/LeQYY...

rcdeoliveira
Paper Tape
Views: 1,486
Message 5 of 8

Android Wear 2.0 on Moto 360 2nd gen is bitter sweet:

- Sweet:
  * On screen keyboard, gesture keyboard
  * Faster transition from "always active" to full watch face
  * Smoother animations

- Bitter:
  * Fewer battery life (30%), with 1.5 I reached 34 hours, with 2.0 I get 20 hours (I hope this will be fixed very soon with next releases)
  * UX is confusing, when a notification is discarded? Whatsapp and Messenger are confusing
  * Physical button is... boring. Open apps lists and launch google asistant, with 1.5 this button was more usefull.
  * New interaction paradigm requires touch the screen. With 1.5 I could read a notification and answeer it with touch the screen, this was extremly usefull (example: when cooking).

Makaruchi
Paper Tape
Views: 1,341
Message 6 of 8

I completely agree with you, and I was so excited about the update, now I'm a little disappointed.
bobalbie
What's DOS?
Views: 53
Message 7 of 8

What's the battery life hit is this listener is turned on.

Highlighted
rcdeoliveira
Paper Tape
Views: 35
Message 8 of 8

I haven't seen a big difference in battery consumption... but I have to be honest and say that is a feature that I don't use too much because it seems slow to me.