Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rapattack
Paper Tape
Views: 140
Message 1 of 16

How do i install an app on the watch?

I usually install apps via the phone but i am having trouble installing Strava. It installed during a sync with the last two phones i have had but just wont do it with the latest phone. I have had trouble before though....always took a while. I think i had to play around with permissions on my phone but i have tried hard. I also see a lot of things online that i can install stuff via the watch itself but i cant find where wear is on it. Never seen it the whole time i have had the watch which is maybe a year. I have always battled knowing if my watch is a first or 2nd gen but when i got a tempered glass thing the size gave it away that it was a 2nd gen

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 112
Message 2 of 16

Re: How do i install an app on the watch?

@rapattack wrote:

I usually install apps via the phone but i am having trouble installing Strava. It installed during a sync with the last two phones i have had but just wont do it with the latest phone. I have had trouble before though....always took a while. I think i had to play around with permissions on my phone but i have tried hard. I also see a lot of things online that i can install stuff via the watch itself but i cant find where wear is on it. Never seen it the whole time i have had the watch which is maybe a year. I have always battled knowing if my watch is a first or 2nd gen but when i got a tempered glass thing the size gave it away that it was a 2nd gen

Hi rapattack,

Thanks for reporting, just to confirm are you noticing 'Play Store' on your watch: If yes, you can just search the app and install or if the app is on your Phone--it would auto sync and show you the apps to download further on your watch with a little download icon? Hope this helps.

Let us know if you have any questions?

Regards,

Swaraj

Motorola Support

rapattack
Paper Tape
Views: 108
Message 3 of 16

No i cant see play store on my watch. Never have. Yes i can install some things from my phone to the watch via the phone but when i click to browse it is a general playstore browse that it leads me to....not specifically for the watch. Its frustrating and i noticed that from the beginning. Ofcourse there is the suggested apps listed for the watch when you open wear os but not in playstore itself. I want a specific app that doesnt sync over to the watch like it should. Like all the other apps did or some anyway. Theres a lot of apps that never appeared on the watch but i dont really use most apps on the watch. I really want strava on it

Highlighted
rapattack
Paper Tape
Views: 107
Message 4 of 16

oh i dont know what you mean about the 'apps to download further on your watch either'
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 90
Message 5 of 16

Hi rapattack,

Thanks for checking. I think he meant if you have Play Store in your watch and you sync your account with your watch you'll be able to download the app. It's just odd you don't have the Play Store, we'll check around about that. Also, I recommend resetting your watch. Go to Settings > Look for Factory Data Reset. Note that this will reset your watch back to its default settings and will delete everything on your watch. You will have to set up your watch again. Let us know how it goes. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

rapattack
Paper Tape
Views: 86
Message 6 of 16

HI as i said before the app is not there. I have done many resets since having the watch and its never been there. Yeah not going to reset again. Too many times and takes forever to set up again

rapattack
Paper Tape
Views: 82
Message 7 of 16

IMG_20190612_161821.jpgThis is the only time i have seen what looks like the play store app . This is within the 'wear messages' app i installedw.jpegw1.jpeg

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 48
Message 8 of 16

Hi rapattack,

Thank you for sharing additional information. Please be advised that the app 'Starva' would not support on '1st Gen watches' it needs 2nd Gen & above.

For more information, you can click here. Are you having issues downloading other application?

Regards,

Swaraj

Motorola Support

rapattack
Paper Tape
Views: 43
Message 9 of 16

Yes and no. I have an older apk version of strava. I had it on the watch before. Its just that the watch always has this difficulty with lots of apps. Then theres the issue of play store thats not visible

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 37
Message 10 of 16

@rapattack wrote:

Yes and no. I have an older apk version of strava. I had it on the watch before. Its just that the watch always has this difficulty with lots of apps. Then theres the issue of play store thats not visible

I think the features you are looking for are only on Android Wear 2.0 and above. The Moto 360 1st Gen did not get that update. The 2nd Gen did. So the watch won't do everything like the newer ones out there. I also believe the Moto sport model may have received it but you'd need to check. I owned 2 1st gens. Sadly the batteries are long gone now. I'm.using Fossil watch now since Motorola stopped making watches after the 2nd Gen which is also getting old by now. HTH