Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Govindhatesmoto
What's DOS?
Views: 344
Message 11 of 16

Re: Moto 360 (2nd gen) screen repair --- India

I have been using moto 360 2nd gen 46mm watch from past 18 months. But suddenly couple of days back there were vertical stripes coming in my watch . When I took it to showroom they totally refused to repair it. I was totally taken aback this after sales services by Moto which is such big brand. This is utter non sense and cheating on behalf of moto. Why the hell on earth you sell products for which you can't provide after sales services. I'm totally dejected by the MOTO and surely publicise and go to consumer court and sue them. This is a crime where consumer is left helpless and stranded after spending 24k of hard earned money as just a dumb watch. I will make sure that in future they don't enter market with such kind of products.

Bharath_33
Paper Tape
Views: 78
Message 12 of 16

Hi All, Even I'm facing similar problem. I live in Bangalore, India. I have been using Moto 360 2nd gen for about 2 years now. And recently the watch stopped operating and I when I took it to the service centre, they refused to repair it. They have not even opened and checked what caused the issue. It could have been battery issue which should have been replaced with newer one. I was ready to even pay 10,000 bucks (viz half price of the watch) but still they don't care. 

I feel I'm being cheated. For that matter, all the customers who bought this watch have been cheated. No moto watch worked more than 2 years based on feedback from other customers. This all sounds like heist and needs to be addressed. 

To Lenovo service team,

Please look into this.

(To others who are facing similar problem, please post on this forum and keep it updated)

Bharath_33
Paper Tape
Views: 76
Message 13 of 16

Dear Alphadog,

Point to be noted here is that no service to moto watch are being accepted by service center as of today(01 Nov 2019). And please refrain from giving excuses that watch repair is difficult or etc. It is your job to fix it when you are trying to sell some product. We are even ready to pay you. We don't want to throw this watch in garbage considering huge price (23,000 INR) it comes along with.

I never imagined that Lenovo(Moto) would trouble its customers like this.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 58
Message 14 of 16

You do realize that you responded to Alpha from a post from almost 3 years ago... And the last post was from someone almost a year and a half ago.

At this point I highly dought that anyone has parts still. It's time to move on. So without parts how can it be fixed? Once the warranty is up they don't have to fix anything. It's like asking for getting repairs on a Motorola Cliq at this point.

Bharath_33
Paper Tape
Views: 48
Message 15 of 16

I already purchased the parts from iFixit. But I don't have skills to repair it myself and hence the need for service expert. If smartwatch is designed to last for 2 years and without service later then what's the point in selling it to customers? Even 3rd party service agents are not able to fix this. This is clearly a scam.

Being a moderator, you need to direct users to a meaningful solution. And not give such useless advices

Highlighted
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 40
Message 16 of 16

@Bharath_33 wrote:

I already purchased the parts from iFixit. But I don't have skills to repair it myself and hence the need for service expert. If smartwatch is designed to last for 2 years and without service later then what's the point in selling it to customers? Even 3rd party service agents are not able to fix this. This is clearly a scam.

Being a moderator, you need to direct users to a meaningful solution. And not give such useless advices

You want meaningful? The watch is too old to fix and I don't think you will find anyone anywhere to fix it. Motorola won't fix it so it seems. Call customer service. If they say no, it's no. It came out over 4 years ago. I had 2 360 1st gens. They died after 2 years. I think I got my money from them. I now own a Fossil for the last year and a half. Cost me much less. I wouldn't spend $350 again for any watch. It was no scam. And for useless advice, I think you can do it yourself. Goodbye, unsubscribing from this long dead community. 

Top Kudoed Authors