Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ing-electronico
Paper Tape
Views: 137
Message 1 of 9

Moto 360 black screen and hangs

Dear Sirs:

I'm posting this topic as I recently started to have freezes and lock-ups of Moto 360. It usually happens with battery at 70%, and the watch stops responding. The reset button also doesn't work and the only way to bring it back to life is to put in the charging cradle to restart it. When on the charging, the watchinstantly shows 70% battery, so I presume is not a battery issue.

It also shows very often hang notifications of "Bluetooth stopped responding" and recently "Google Keep stopped responding".

Please let me know if I can attach or send you a bug report I captured yesterday.

Thanks for the support

Javier

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 93
Message 2 of 9

Re: Moto 360 black screen and hangs

Hi Javier,

Thanks for posting. Have you tried doing the factory data reset via Settings? 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Ing-electronico
Paper Tape
Views: 89
Message 3 of 9

Hi Rich, yes, already did that and also re-installed Wear OS app from Google Play.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 74
Message 4 of 9

Hi Ing-electronico,

Can you please confirm where and when did you buy the phone? Also, please try connecting your watch to another device and see if it's still the same. Let me know. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Ing-electronico
Paper Tape
Views: 68
Message 5 of 9

Thanks Rich.

The phone is a 2017 Xiaomi Redmi Note 4X (Qualcom Version). Bought in August 2017 in Finland and running MIUI 10.2 global stable (Android version 7.0 NRD90M, security patch 2018-12-01). I can try to pair the watch to another phone, however I've been running the watch for the last two years in the same phone without major issues.

Today the watch hung with battery at 90% when entering the setting menu in the watch.

I believe it might be a WearOS app issue, as the only difference from the past were the constant updates from Google Play on the app. I'll also try to install an older version of WearOS, as I didn't notice any improvement in any function from previous version of the app.

BR

Javier

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 50
Message 6 of 9

Hi Ing-electronico,

Have you seen improvements after rolling back the WearOS? 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Ing-electronico
Paper Tape
Views: 46
Message 7 of 9

Hi Rich, thanks for the follow-up.

Actually I've noticed that is working worse. I'm starting to think the battery might be dead, because it exhibits the typical behavior of draining and charging fast.

The strange thing, though, is the battery always shows over 70% level (and in the recent tests 90%), without going down to zero. It just goes down to 70-90% and hangs/shuts-down. Likewise, when I put the watch on the cradle, it boots-up and immediately shows 70-90% charge. This behavior is the one that initially made me discard a dead-battery issue, as I was expecting to show 0-10% battery while discharging (and also when recovering charge).

I have a spare battery I bought so I'll try to switch it. Before that I'll try to unpair, delete WearOS Data and start the process over.

BR

Javier

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 40
Message 8 of 9

This seems to be a hardware failure. I recommend visiting a service center for possible repair. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Highlighted
Ing-electronico
Paper Tape
Views: 29
Message 9 of 9

Thanks Rich, I know these devices are old and I'm far from being an environment activist, however I tend to try to keep things working as far as they can.

Honestly, bouth this smartwatch on sale around 3 years ago, so it fulfilled the task so far. Unfortunately there are no repair stores around, so that's my other reason to keep it running for as long as possible. Who knows, perhaps its time just came.

I'll try the other options mentioned, just to keep this forum updated, and thank you very much for the involvement.

BR

Javier

Top Kudoed Authors