Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Wearables and AccessoriesMOTO 360™ 2nd Gen & Sport
All Forum Topics
Options

5 Posts

06-19-2017

Portugal

5 Signins

91 Page Views

• Views: 91
  • Message 1 of 2

Moto360 Sport - GPS is "broken" & Moto-Lenovo poor support

2017-06-19, 10:19 AM

Finally posting this having reached the limit of my patience. It all started more than 2 months ago when I started running with my new Moto360 Sport watch that cost me up to 200 EUR of my hard earned cash. Very rapidly I noticed that something was wrong with the GPS when not taking advantage of a nearby mobile phone connection - I chose the watch precisely to be able to go running without my mobile phone. 

Problems detected:

- Very hard to get a GPS initial lock, sometimes taking up to 30m to get a lock

- Accuracy of GPS is simply awful with errors of over 13% on runs of around 5km distances

I opened a ticket on Motorolla-Lenovo support site on the 25/04/2017 (ticket reference 170425-017944). After countless expanations, screenshots, GPX export files I finally sent the watch for repair as instructed by the support staff. The first repair came back after a few days and, to my surprise, the report read "updated watch software". Giving Motorolla the benefit of the doubt, I tested it again and, to no surprise, the problem was still there. The watch was sent once again for repair and this time the report read "change of circuit board, new IMEI, new SW". My hopes went up but they were very short lived... although the GPS initial lock seems better (now "only" takes around 5 to 10 minutes), the accuracy is still all over the place with the same 13 to 15% deviation.

I'm now requesting my money back to which the initial feedback has been less than positive. As a customer, to me this is now becoming intolerable. The watch is supposed to work as specified and this is clearly a situation where there is an advertised feature which is simply not there - the watch by itself does not have a working GPS. 

I'm extremely disapointed with the product, with Motorolla-Lenovo support in general and I cannot stress enough to other prospecting buyers that you should NOT buy this watch. I hope that Motorolla will do the bare minimum at this stage which is to acknowledge the issue and refund my money.

I'm attaching just the latest of a series of tests I've been performing that show the serious issues this watch has. I've taken a fitbit, my mobile phone with GPS on (without 4G or WiFi to help) and the Moto360. A side by side comparison of the results taken by my mobile and the moto360 over the same course speak for themselves.

Options

5 Posts

06-19-2017

Portugal

5 Signins

91 Page Views

• Views: 91
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Moto360 Sport - GPS is "broken" & Moto-Lenovo poor support

2017-06-21, 12:17 PM

Seems several other users are experiencing the same issue

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms