Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Wearables and AccessoriesMOTO 360™ 2nd Gen & Sport
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

10-17-2017

United States of America

2 Signins

31 Page Views

• Views: 31
  • Message 1 of 2

Question on Moto 360 sport GPS and Google Maps

2017-10-17, 13:50 PM

Hi guys.

I logged here because I am planning to buy a Moto 360 Sport to use it for cycling and running. This will be my first Smartwatch.

Before buying I want to clear a doubt. Last week I got a Huawei Mate 9 provided by the company I work for. On this phone I have my work account (powered by Google) and my personal Google account. For security matters the company has blocked location history on this device so I am not able to log my location history. I currently carry a secundary phone just to keep track of my location history (might sound silly for some but I've been using this function for two years and I want to keep using it). This secundary phone has only my personal Google account configured.

If I get the Moto 360 Sport which has standalone GPS and I configure it with my personal Google account, will it be able to keep track of my location history by itself or will it do it though the paired phone (which will be the Mate 9 that has this feature locked)?

Options

2438 Posts

12-19-2016

Philippines

477 Signins

37577 Page Views

• Views: 37577
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Question on Moto 360 sport GPS and Google Maps

2017-10-18, 18:22 PM

wrote:

Hi guys.

I logged here because I am planning to buy a Moto 360 Sport to use it for cycling and running. This will be my first Smartwatch.

Before buying I want to clear a doubt. Last week I got a Huawei Mate 9 provided by the company I work for. On this phone I have my work account (powered by Google) and my personal Google account. For security matters the company has blocked location history on this device so I am not able to log my location history. I currently carry a secundary phone just to keep track of my location history (might sound silly for some but I've been using this function for two years and I want to keep using it). This secundary phone has only my personal Google account configured.

If I get the Moto 360 Sport which has standalone GPS and I configure it with my personal Google account, will it be able to keep track of my location history by itself or will it do it though the paired phone (which will be the Mate 9 that has this feature locked)?

Hi andrews317,

Location history will be synced to your Google account. The watch will send the info to the phone via bluetooth pairing and the phone will sync all location history to the Google cloud. Without the actual service/app working, it woudl not work. 

Regards,
Ella
Motorola Support
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms