Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto E PhonesMOTO E™ 2nd Gen
All Forum Topics
Options

20 Posts

10-16-2016

United States of America

19 Signins

195 Page Views

• Views: 195
  • Message 1 of 3

Moto E 2nd Generation clock has disappeared

2016-10-16, 22:57 PM

When my phone goes into sleep mode, a digital clock appears if I touch to the phone, or just turn it a little.  I love this feature, but somehow, I've either turned it off unknowingly, but I can't find it.

I have looked in "Display" under "settings" and I see Daydream and under it clock.  So I tap on Daydream and it opens giving me 4 choices: Clock, colors, photo frame and photo table.  I just choose clock, and select "digital" type.  I think this is how it's been since I got the phone a few weeks ago.

I noticed today I had evidently added "lucid daydream" which was a widget.  I didn't have it selected, so I tried it out.  It was still not the clock that popped up when I would jiggle my phone while it was in "sleep mode".

Does anyone know what I am talking about?  I'm sorry I am not more tekkie about this, I'm learning something new every day, and I love my Moto E:)

I guess what I am looking for is some sort of "default" clock that just started up before I fiddled with anything:)  Help??

Thank you for anything you might be able to point out to me.  My Moto E 2nd Generation is Version 5.1

Moto G6 8.0.0
Options

3454 Posts

10-05-2016

Philippines

544 Signins

43827 Page Views

• Views: 43827
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Moto E 2nd Generation clock has disappeared

2016-10-17, 19:45 PM

wrote:

When my phone goes into sleep mode, a digital clock appears if I touch to the phone, or just turn it a little.  I love this feature, but somehow, I've either turned it off unknowingly, but I can't find it.

I have looked in "Display" under "settings" and I see Daydream and under it clock.  So I tap on Daydream and it opens giving me 4 choices: Clock, colors, photo frame and photo table.  I just choose clock, and select "digital" type.  I think this is how it's been since I got the phone a few weeks ago.

I noticed today I had evidently added "lucid daydream" which was a widget.  I didn't have it selected, so I tried it out.  It was still not the clock that popped up when I would jiggle my phone while it was in "sleep mode".

Does anyone know what I am talking about?  I'm sorry I am not more tekkie about this, I'm learning something new every day, and I love my Moto E:)

I guess what I am looking for is some sort of "default" clock that just started up before I fiddled with anything:)  Help??

Thank you for anything you might be able to point out to me.  My Moto E 2nd Generation is Version 5.1

Hi Denise52,

There is just a specific setting on daydream needs to be changed. Try to go to Settings>Display>Daydream>Clock>Touch the 3 dot option located at the top right corner of the screen. Once there, tap When to Daydream>Select Either. Once done. Go back, tap Start Now to check if it works. Let us know if that works.

Jess
Motorola Support

Options

20 Posts

10-16-2016

United States of America

19 Signins

195 Page Views

• Views: 195
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Moto E 2nd Generation clock has disappeared

2016-10-17, 21:00 PM

Hi Jess, thank you for your reply. I fixed it yesterday somehow, but I will have to go back in and see what I did. I do know I went back into Settings>Display> and checked the top "clock" that was the default. Lucid Dream was on the list as I had added it at one time. I removed it, as shown in photo.

Let me look right quick. Ok, it's all about "motion sensor" and I fixed it by going into my Moto App. I can't find how I got in it though, LOL!

Ok, it's coming back, I clicked on the white-circle with the 6 black dots on my homepage, then Moto. You get the blue screen as in the attached.

I tapped on the on the bottom "display" option, then I made sure the Moto Display box was checked, then the next thing down, I'll show screenshot, I tapped and made sure my "clock" was selected.

Now when my phone sleeps after 1 minute (my setting of choice, if I pick up the phone or move it a little, the time pops up) Hope this helps someone else.  I see you can make other apps appear using the motion sensors but I haven't tried that:) denise

Moto G6 8.0.0
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms