01-03-2018

IN

2 Signins

11 Page Views

• Views: 11
  • Message 11 of 17

Re: Moto E 2nd - sudden battery drain and power off

2018-01-03, 6:25 AM

Too bad, facing same problem. After these many post there is no fix for this problem .. :(

Options

2 Posts

01-21-2018

DE

3 Signins

50 Page Views

• Views: 50
  • Message 12 of 17

2018-01-21, 14:51 PM

Hello,

I changed the battery

https://www.ifixit.com/Device/Motorola_Moto_E_2nd_Generation

low cost, not very difficult and it works

but i need a glue for display to fix ist on the back

for example silicone or display tape, but what?

please help - thanks

Options

1 Posts

03-02-2018

PT

2 Signins

24 Page Views

• Views: 24
  • Message 13 of 17

2018-03-02, 23:31 PM

My phone faces identical symptoms. I tried everything (booting in safe mode and a factory reset) and the problem continues. As far as I understand, this is a common issue with Moto E phones and, as nobody from Support presents a  fix for it, this is very bad publicity for the company. I´ll definitely opt for other brand.

Options

2 Posts

01-21-2018

DE

3 Signins

50 Page Views

• Views: 50
  • Message 14 of 17

2018-03-03, 10:07 AM

Hello,

answer for next user.

i (from Germany) had the thame problem. Trying battery-apps etc. Last i install a new battery. Sony FT40 for XT1524 on EBAY. It isn´t very difficult. follow the link

no soldering. For fixing Display i buyed glue zanlida t-7000 0.5fl.oz (15ml)

https://www.ifixit.com/Device/Motorola_Moto_E_2nd_Generation

Or have a shop who does!

Options

2438 Posts

12-19-2016

PH

477 Signins

37577 Page Views

• Views: 37577
  • Message 15 of 17

2018-03-07, 15:19 PM

Hi everyone, 

We would suggest calibrating the battery and see if it helps. This process will reset the battery table and allow the phone to calibrate overnight. To calibrate the battery, press and hold the Power button until the screen goes dark, about 7-10 seconds. When the screen goes dark, release the Power button and the phone will automatically reboot. Plug the phone in and let it charge overnight, using only the charger that came in the box with the phone. Observe the battery performance within 24 hours.

You can also reset the phone with no restore and observe the phone for a while to see if the issue persists. Since Motorola does not support self-repair, we suggest visiting nearest local service center repair for any help.

- Ella

Options

1 Posts

08-01-2018

US

2 Signins

9 Page Views

• Views: 9
  • Message 16 of 17

2018-08-01, 13:23 PM

I had this problem and after consulting Motorola support, I did the recommended fixes including safe mode operation and factory reset, and then did a battery recalibration procedure I found online. The recalibration seemed to work...until today when the phone died at 46%. 

It may be a coincidence or it may the linked to the problem, but my troubles seemed to have started after installing Google Photos or updating Google Photos. The first time, the phone started showing "SD Card Removed" when it wasn't and also turning off when the battery was between 50-60%. This worsened over time and when it started turning off at about 85%, I called Motorola. The first recommendation as noted was to operate in safe mode. The next day, it quit again while in safe mode, so I called back. This time we walked through a factory reset. No improvement, so I assumed the problem was either battery going bad or more likely a malfunction in the software/firmware. I feel it was the latter because a battery that was failing would simply discharge more quickly but at a linear rate. It wouldn't discharge slowly to 80% and then drop suddenly to zero. Additionally, within a minute of plugging in the charger, the battery would show it at the percentage at which it quit. Also, additionally it would recharge to an indicated 100% in less than a half hour. So I looked online to find a battery recalibration procedure and followed it. That seemed to fix the problem as my phone took several days to discharge to about 75%. A couple days after the recalibration, the phone indicated that updates to several of the apps were needed. I selected only the updates to apps that I use and specifically did not update Google Photos as I was suspicious of it. Everything continued along fine until two days ago. I installed Google Photos again. Within a day, I got the SD card removed message again. I immediately uninstalled Photos. I turned the phone off and back on and all seemed fine. Last night, the battery showed about 49%. This morning, the battery showed 46% when the phone turned off while I was reading emails. I plugged in the charger and it immediately showed 0% but less than a minute later, it showed 47%. In about 20 minutes, it now shows 100%. After I relocate the recalibration procedure, I'm going to do another factory reset and repeat recalibration and try again without installing or updating Photos. 

For others that have had this issue, was Google Photos app installed on your phone? 

I'll try to remember to update with my results.

Options

3 Posts

03-09-2020

US

2 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 17 of 17

Re:Moto E 2nd - sudden battery drain and power off

2020-05-06, 5:34 AM
Ive had 2 moto E 2nd gens do the exact same thing one after 6 month and the other i almost got 2 years of use out of it ugh. So I gave Motorola one more chance and updated to the Moto x 3rd gen, awesome phone amoled screen, fast, but no slot to expand sd, and this phones battery started same thing no even a year after owning it!!! Very dissatisfied, it's almost like they are making the batteries only last a year or almost 2 full years if u get lucky and then they die like there programmed to die to make us keep buying, buying, buying, ☹️
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete