04-10-2016

US

4 Signins

56 Page Views

• Views: 56
  • Message 1 of 7

SD CARD KEEPS UNMOUNTING/REMOVING ITSELF

2016-04-10, 7:54 AM

I have a 32GB SD card, but it keeps randomly unmounting/removing itself.  Why is this happening, and how do I stop it?

Options

13 Posts

07-27-2015

US

15 Signins

193 Page Views

• Views: 193
  • Message 2 of 7

Re: SD CARD KEEPS UNMOUNTING/REMOVING ITSELF

2016-05-28, 18:56 PM
I have had same problem for about 3 months and now my SD card is not even recognized.

All the options for the memory card are grayed out. I've tried rebooting, taking the card out...nothing.

Any help at this point Greatly appreciated.
Options

13 Posts

07-27-2015

US

15 Signins

193 Page Views

• Message 3 of 7

2016-07-18, 20:07 PM

Hello all,

I've had the same problem where I get the error msg that my SanDisk Ultra Plus 16 GB MicroSD card has "unexpectedly been removed/unmounted".  For, perhaps 15-20 times, I would restart phone, and everything seemed ok...for awhile...and then the same thing over and over again.

Now my phone no longer allowes me to "mount" my SD card.  All options for the SD card, on the phone, are grayed out.  I've rebooted numerous time....no joy!

I've checked the SD card on my laptop and all the data is there and is readable, so I know it isn't a bad card.  But since I can't "mount" the SD card into my phone, the phone does not recognize it....HELP!!!

I really don't want to do a factory reset....suggestions???

Thanks in advance for any "viable" help.

Options

2016-07-30, 18:09 PM

This happens when some parts of the SD card develops bad areas. Format the SD card using a computer in FAT32 file system. This should work.

Options

13 Posts

07-27-2015

US

15 Signins

193 Page Views

• Message 5 of 7

2016-10-27, 17:14 PM

Yep, did that also.  Now when I put the SD card into the phone, the phone shows it in the storage settings....but it only shows for about 16-17 seconds and then it all goes grey again as tho there were no card in the phone.

I taken card out and put it back in, probably about 20 times, trying all the different things I"ve read that others have recommended....still nothing

Thanks in advance for any more ideas!

Options

1 Posts

06-11-2017

GB

3 Signins

34 Page Views

• Views: 34
  • Message 6 of 7

2017-06-11, 20:14 PM

I know this is an old thread but has anyone been able to solve this problem? I have a Moto E 2nd Gen running Android 6 and am constantly having problems with the Sandisk 32GB card (only used to store photos) disappearing and reappearing. I'm sure I've read somewhere that certain SD cards are better - does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

Options

8 Posts

06-08-2017

US

22 Signins

317 Page Views

• Views: 317
  • Message 7 of 7

2017-10-04, 6:44 AM

I've seen many threads on this  with most solutions reporting  only mixed success. 

Here's two you. might look at:

1)Several users report ultimate success by changing sd card brand, & recommend 

"GSkill 32gb class 10"
-- http://teamuscellular.com/Forum/topic/3487-sd-card-removed-unexpectedly-error/ 

2) Long thread with procedural suggestions:

--https://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-g3/594079-micro-sd-keeps-unmounting-itself.html

(Suggestion A) :

"How I resolved it:
1- Insert the card directly through you windows PC via SD Card adapter. 
2- Go through my computer left click the external storage corresponding to your card and click format, now uncheck the quick format, this will take quite longer depending on your PC. 
3- insert the card into your phone and go to storage settings and select erase all data from the card. 
4- This will result in the device formatting the card and putting the corresponding directory for Android. 
5- Once all the previous steps have been completed, you can start putting media back on your device. 

Let me know if it works for you. 
Going about 2 weeks now and not once has my card unmounted itself. 

If you want to know if the card has unmounted unexpectedly when you weren't using the phone, open the camera app and if it asks again to save photos to SD card, it means that the card was removed and recently inserted."

(Suggestion B):

"I believe I solved my issue by naming the SD card--I remember reading somewhere that the newer versions of Android (starting with the Kitkat release) require the SD to be named for certain functions (something affecting the read/write--which also caused issues with mine mounting and unmounting all the time). After I reformatted and named it via my computer, everything worked fine.

I named mine ANDROID to keep it easy to recognize, but I don't think what you name it affects it. I will try to find a link about it to share more info, but as I recall this worked for me."

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete