07-17-2015

United States

2 Signins

22 Page Views

• Views: 22
  • Message 1 of 5

SD Card suddenly goes undetected.

2016-05-21, 15:17 PM

I have got a Kingston Grade 10 SD Card and I have been using it ever since I started using my E2. It worked without problems until today when I tried opening mt gallery, all the pictures on the SD card were lost. I tried using the apps that were on it but it said those weren't installed too. The SD card is still inserted in my phone, but when I open the storage page in settings, it says it's not inserted. This happened without me even restarting my phone. I've tried reinserting the card but to no avail.

EDIT: it's a Kingston card, not SanDisk

Options

31 Posts

05-31-2016

US

50 Signins

500 Page Views

• Views: 500
  • Message 2 of 5

Re: SD Card suddenly goes undetected.

2016-05-31, 22:30 PM
I had something similar happen with a Sandisk 128, it would work then not work for a week or two then I gave up and took it out. I had Debian Linux installed on it (rooted phone) and I suspected some selinux problems I was having were causing the file system to be not recognized. The card works fine in my Raspberry Pi 3 after loading a new image onto it so there's nothing really wrong with it. Actually I had a FAT32 partition of 20 gigs or so, the rest was EXTFS 3 or 4, so the FAT32 should have been fine. Same phone works with an older Linux on a 64 gig Sandisk.
Options

1 Posts

06-05-2016

UK

2 Signins

17 Page Views

• Views: 17
  • Message 3 of 5

2016-06-05, 21:38 PM

Hi, I have the same problem with my sandisk 32gb sdhc card. It was working fine as internal memory for a week or so; I was trying to use the mtp file transfer option to move pictures onto my pc, but I couldn't get it to show up on my pc at all. Now even the phone wont see the sd card anymore and says that the card is 'not inserted'. Neither the pc or the moto e will recognise that the card is plugged in now. Does this sound like a sd card failure? I was careful to turn the phone off everytime I removed it, so I can't see how its become corrupted. Any ideas anyone?

Options

31 Posts

05-31-2016

US

50 Signins

500 Page Views

• Message 4 of 5

2017-12-19, 16:40 PM

The card has gone bad.  As it turns out that's a legitimate reason for Sandisk warranty replacement.  I got 2 of them replaced, didn't cost me a penny.  They even emailed me a PDF label for prepaid shipping.  The cheaper one had a 10 year warranty, the better was lifetime.  Go to the Sandisk website, set up an account, register the card.  Then later go back and file a claim.  Other manufacturers are probably similar.

Options

31 Posts

05-31-2016

US

50 Signins

500 Page Views

• Message 5 of 5

2019-06-30, 23:35 PM
Odd thing about that not being recognized. I've got at least 1 more since, I stick the card in a USB reader, format it, and I've been using it for a few weeks like that as a USB memory stick for moving files between computers. Once in a while it doesn't show up but if I unplug the reader, unplug the sd card, plug it all back in the card shows up. So far, I'm waiting for it to fail then I'll try the warranty bit. But the phone doesn't recognize it.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete