08-01-2019

GB

3 Signins

43 Page Views

• Views: 43
  • Message 1 of 4

Struggling to configure SD Card with Moto E Phone

2019-08-01, 15:57 PM

I recently purchased a 16GB SD card (SDCS/16GB) to complement my trusty old Android phone - a Motorola Moto E 2nd Gen.

The memory is constantly full, requiring me to delete files and clear caches on a daily basis.

The device does recognise the SD card, but I only appear to be able to copy over a few files. I understand certain apps can't transfer to the SD card, but none at all are able to. So much so, my internal memory is still more or less full.

I have consulted the manufacturer (Kingston Technology)- and even installed a 'Move files to SD' app on my phone - but to no avail. I am only ever given the option to 'copy' a few files. I can't for example move over photos to the SD card - anything at all that can ease the burden on the internal memory. I am quite possibly doing this all wrong, but it's very frustrating either way. For the record, the reply from the manufacturer was as follows:

Assuming that the card is not defective, there should be no reason for why photos cannot be moved to the card.  This functionality is however controlled by the operating system of the phone.

Once the card has been inserted into the mobile phone, you need to configure the settings as to how the card is recognised.

If the card is copying some files but not others, these restrictions could come from a setting in the operating system. If possible, try a different microSD card in the phone.  If that works with the same settings / configuration as the SDCS, then you know that it is not the OS that is responsible, or it would not work either.

That means it has to be the card itself. Perhaps the card is damaged or not fast enough to transfer the data. The latter is less likely but cannot be ruled out either.  The Motorola Moto E takes microSD cards up to and including 32GB, so there is no issue there.

He hints that it is the phone's actual settings which could be the issue. I've looked into this to the best of my knowledge (which admittedly isn't the best when it comes to technology and gadgetry) but am still having no luck.

Needless to say, any feedback at all would be hugely appreciated.

Thank you.

Options

1907 Posts

10-16-2018

GB

1721 Signins

26513 Page Views

• Views: 26513
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: Struggling to configure SD Card with Moto E Phone

2019-08-01, 17:05 PM

Make sure you have all the things you want to save backed up off the phone to either the Cloud or another device like a PC.If you have a Google account make sure it's synced up-to-date to keep your Contacts safe./if you want to save Texts you normally have to use a 3rd party paid SMS app Like,"Pulse" from the Playstore.

Then do a Factory reset.This will clean the phone out so you can start fresh and usually fixes most problems.I do one on my Android phones a couple of times a year even if they are running right as a kind of 10,000 mile service.It's amazing how fast,slick and problem free this keps them :)

Options

3 Posts

08-01-2019

GB

3 Signins

43 Page Views

• Views: 43
  • Message 3 of 4

2019-08-01, 19:11 PM

Thanks for your reply Porphyrius - it's much appreciated. 

I dare say a Factory Reset could do the trick like you say. It's worth a go anyway!

Cheers

Options

1907 Posts

10-16-2018

GB

1721 Signins

26513 Page Views

• Views: 26513
  • Message 4 of 4

2019-08-01, 19:13 PM

wrote:

Thanks for your reply Porphyrius - it's much appreciated. 

I dare say a Factory Reset could do the trick like you say. It's worth a go anyway!

Cheers

You might be pleasantly surprised how much space you get back as well :)

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete