05-31-2016

US

50 Signins

500 Page Views

• Views: 500
  • Message 1 of 2

Trying to buy a retail XT1527 after production has ended

2017-02-12, 18:36 PM

I have an XT1527 I bought direct from Motorola about a year ago and I love it.  It's my only internet connection, I can tether, I have the bootloader unlock code, it does OTG.  I'm looking for a spare because it can't last forever.  I don't mind  a factory refurbished one as long as it's the full retail, non-crippled version, I don't care about the color.  The UPC on my box from the factory is 723755006225.

I'm trying to make sense of some I find for sale on eBay.  I don't think there's even any guarantee that the UPCs listed are right, that somebody didn't just grab something close and paste it in.  I had a "Go Phone" version first that looked identical but it was crippled.  I found one that looked close recently but the manufacturer part (first 6 digits) of the UPC isn't right.  So I'm very wary of getting stuck with a crippled one again.  Are there still any refurbished ones being sold off by Motorola and under what eBay username?

My original box labels.  I want one just like this, but I don't care about the color.  Photo taken with my XT1505 BTW.

Options

31 Posts

05-31-2016

US

50 Signins

500 Page Views

• Views: 500
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Trying to buy a retail XT1527 after production has ended

2019-06-26, 15:43 PM
I did find one. Googling the UPC found me a guy on eBay in Florida that had about 10 so I bought one, unlocked the bootloader, rooted it, all the good stuff. But then a year or so later I bought the last one he had which was also an XT1527 but a different UPC, can't get the bootloader unlock data on that one. So the UPC seems a valid identifier, it's different on contract phones, I had one of those and returned it. You want the UPC from a retail version then search for that. I'm guessing that probably holds true for all models.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete