4 Signins

35 Page Views

• Views: 35
  • Message 1 of 7

MOTO E3 Power dead, firmware upload issue

2020-05-08, 8:33 AM

Hi,

It's been few days and  I have been facing the following issues :-

1. Mobile is stuck at boot screen - "MOTO" logo and wont load further, restarting did not help.
  2.  Tried recovery , but it never goes to the "NO COMMAND" mode, to select the Wipe data option or other options.
  3. Tried uploading the firmware, using the Lenovo Rescue and Smart Application  - Rescue option. But even after successfully rescuing, the problem was not resolved.
  4. Also, when connecting the phone to a computer , it shows MTP device. And after connecting the phone to the computer after removing the battery it shows Mediatek device but the USB gets connected and disconnected after every 5 minutes automatically - sometimes though (not an USB cable issue, as I tried with different ones also).
  5. The phone is getting charged as it should and is also showing the charging percent.
  6. Now as because of the current COVID-19 situation, I cannot go a customer care service for help.------------------- Any help in this situation would be appreciated.
Options

1896 Posts

03-11-2019

US

588 Signins

41795 Page Views

• Views: 41795
  • Message 2 of 7

Re:MOTO E3 Power dead, firmware upload issue

2020-05-08, 16:24 PM

Hi Swagatamb,

Thanks for posting. Try following these steps and let us know if this works:

1. With phone powered off
2. Press and hold Volume up and Power until the phone vibrates. 
3. Continue holding the Volume Up key and release the power button
4. Release Volume Up when you see small white text on the screen. 
5. Use Volume Up until the arrows are pointing at Recovery then press the Volume Down Button.
6. You might see the Motorola Logo/Boot Animation for a moment.
7. At the No Command Screen (Green Android robot laying on it's back)
8. Press and hold the power button and tap the Volume Up button.

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

3 Posts

05-08-2020

IN

4 Signins

35 Page Views

• Message 3 of 7

2020-05-08, 17:05 PM

Hi Zeke,

Thanks for the reply.

Following is the latest update :-

1. The steps you told , worked till step- 5, after that the "Motorola Logo/Boot Animation for a moment." never appears. Waited for over 30 mins and tried several times without any success.

2. After this failed, fortunately I was able to "Rescue" my phone through the Lenovo Rescue and Smart Assistant. The phone booted up successfully, and I was able to use for ab t 1 hour or so.

3. After 1 hour the phone stopped suddenly and is not starting after that. On pressing the power nothing is being displayed (where earlier the MOTO screen used to come). Even on plugging to the charger no  -- charge option is being shown.

So at the moment the mobile is in a worse condition than the last time. Nothing is coming on pressing the power button.  

Please help..  

Is there any customer care contact number I can call to from India, If yes -- please provide.

Options

10379 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1109 Signins

149508 Page Views

• Views: 149508
  • Message 4 of 7

2020-05-11, 19:46 PM

Hi Swagatamb,

Sorry to know about that. Unfortunately, if that is the case, it is recommended to submit the device for repair. Let us know if you need further help on that. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

3 Posts

05-08-2020

IN

4 Signins

35 Page Views

• Message 5 of 7

2020-05-12, 14:18 PM

Dear Rich,

Unfortunately because of the current COVID-19 situation, all the customer care centers are closed. So won't be able to submit the mobile now.

Can you provide me a contact number where I can reach? I am based in India currently.

Options

1896 Posts

03-11-2019

US

588 Signins

41795 Page Views

• Views: 41795
  • Message 6 of 7

2020-05-12, 15:11 PM

Hi Swagatamb,

Here is the link on how to contact our support for Indian customers.

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Options

3 Posts

05-08-2020

IN

4 Signins

35 Page Views

• Message 7 of 7

2020-05-19, 15:25 PM
Unfortunately in the link provided, all call options to contact the customer care is disabled at the moment. Only chatbot options are left which is not enough to solve the issue or helping me reach out to the customer care.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete