Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto E PhonesMOTO E™ 3rd Gen
All Forum Topics
Options

8 Posts

03-09-2018

India

11 Signins

133 Page Views

• Views: 133
  • Message 1 of 16

Moto E3 Power Bluetooth Connectivity Problem with Audio devices or other mobiles after last update

2018-03-09, 10:57 AM

My Moto E3 Power is having Bluetooth Connectivity issues with Audio devices or other mobiles after its last software update. It keeps on connecting and disconnecting with the paired devices like bluetooth headsets or external bluetooth soundbox. It was working well before the update but after updating this started. Also the sound output from its internal speaker gone down very much. Experiencing these problem in all of my three moto e3 power sets. Bluetooth speakers and headset working fine with other devices like laptop and samung & lenovo mobiles.

Attaching the bug report for your better understanding of the issue.

Please provide a solution for the same

Thanks & Regards

Sayantan Sen

Bug Report Link : https://drive.google.com/open?id=1AgMbHcXPIW-7m5xyy2FNP8Q3VsSgLjNJ

Options

5996 Posts

12-04-2017

India

1170 Signins

77328 Page Views

• Views: 77328
  • Message 2 of 16

Re: Moto E3 Power Bluetooth Connectivity Problem with Audio devices or other mobiles after last upda

2018-03-09, 14:10 PM

wrote:

My Moto E3 Power is having Bluetooth Connectivity issues with Audio devices or other mobiles after its last software update. It keeps on connecting and disconnecting with the paired devices like bluetooth headsets or external bluetooth soundbox. It was working well before the update but after updating this started. Also the sound output from its internal speaker gone down very much. Experiencing these problem in all of my three moto e3 power sets. Bluetooth speakers and headset working fine with other devices like laptop and samung & lenovo mobiles.

Attaching the bug report for your better understanding of the issue.

Please provide a solution for the same

Thanks & Regards

Sayantan Sen

Bug Report Link : https://drive.google.com/open?id=1AgMbHcXPIW-7m5xyy2FNP8Q3VsSgLjNJ

We are sorry to hear about that, could you let us know, from when did you notice the Bluetooth issues after the update? Have you tried FDR without restoring apps, as this would more likely keep your device clean after the update? 

Also, can you test in Safe Mode to see if this is an app issue? To go into Safe Mode, press the physical power key, then press and hold the pop-up "Power off" key until the Safe Mode instructions pop up. Let us know if you face this issues in safe mode too? And can you also confirm if you are streaming music from any third party app or from the stock player does this happens with youtube etc... let us know?

Thanks,

Swaraj

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
Options

8 Posts

03-09-2018

India

11 Signins

133 Page Views

• Message 3 of 16

Re: Moto E3 Power Bluetooth Connectivity Problem with Audio devices or other mobiles after last upda

2018-03-27, 16:40 PM
Tried FDR (without app restoring) and safe mode but the problem still persists. and I found this problem after last update. before that i was able to connect BT with any phone or devices.
Now coming to streaming music from 3rd party or stock player. 1st u need to be connected to BT to play through any app, and there is the problem - cannot connect to BT. :( simultaneous connecting and disconnecting to paired devices taking place.
please provide a solution.
Options

2 Posts

04-18-2018

India

1 Signins

19 Page Views

• Views: 19
  • Message 4 of 16

2018-04-18, 6:24 AM

I am having same issues with 5 March 2018 security Patch on Moto E3 Power. I had tested with the other MotoE3 Power without secruity patch level update, it worked just fine.

My bug report is here: 

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1v01sgQs9wmZpvOXW2COfCMjd49FB2jU_?usp=sharing

thnaks

Vijay

Options

5996 Posts

12-04-2017

India

1170 Signins

77328 Page Views

• Message 5 of 16

2018-04-18, 13:08 PM

Hi, All.

Thank you for sharing more information, please be advised that we have escalated the same to our engineer team for further investigation on the same. We will keep you posted here once we have an update. 

Please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

Update your profile -link

Thanks,

-Swaraj

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
Options

8 Posts

03-09-2018

India

11 Signins

133 Page Views

• Message 6 of 16

2018-04-18, 13:34 PM

wrote:

Hi, All.

Thank you for sharing more information, please be advised that we have escalated the same to our engineer team for further investigation on the same. We will keep you posted here once we have an update. 

Please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

Thanks,

-Swaraj

ok you can check my apps. i have updated my profile and turned on the privacy setting.

Regards

Sayantan.

Options

5996 Posts

12-04-2017

India

1170 Signins

77328 Page Views

• Message 7 of 16

2018-04-19, 10:21 AM

wrote:

wrote:

Hi, All.

Thanks,

-Swaraj

ok you can check my apps. i have updated my profile and turned on the privacy setting.

Regards

Sayantan.

Thank you for updating your profile, we would need more information-- could you share us the make and model of the devices you are trying to connect? We would also need Bluetooth snoop logs, to do so--

Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on Build number 7 times on the build number to go into the developer options mode]

2. After the above steps Developer options will be enabled.

3. Go to Settings ->Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On

4. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On

5. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Enable Bluetooth HCI snoop log > Toggle On

6. Once the issue is reproduced, Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power down menu.

7. Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.

8. Then upload the BugReport to your personal Google Drive

9. Open the File Manager app on your phone and tap on Local on the top right. Browse to internal.

10. Upload the btsnoop_hci.log to your Google Drive as well

11. Share the link to the BugReport and btsnoop_hci.log on the forums in a reply or via a private message.

12. Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the time that you observed the behavior in local time.

13. One completed to Settings-> Developer options -> Enable Bluetooth HCI snoop log > Toggle Off

Thanks,

-Swaraj

Options

1 Posts

04-29-2018

India

4 Signins

55 Page Views

• Views: 55
  • Message 8 of 16

2018-04-29, 9:07 AM

Sir.. I'm also experiencing  the same Bluetooth problem which keeps on  connecting and disconnecting continuosly with my audio device,Since my  last update. I don't know anything about  software problems of this phone  .. kindly help me to resolve this priblem

Options

8 Posts

03-09-2018

India

11 Signins

133 Page Views

• Message 9 of 16

2018-04-29, 10:45 AM

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

Hi, All.

Thanks,

-Swaraj

Regards

Sayantan.

Thank you for updating your profile, we would need more information-- could you share us the make and model of the devices you are trying to connect? We would also need Bluetooth snoop logs, to do so--

Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on Build number 7 times on the build number to go into the developer options mode]

2. After the above steps Developer options will be enabled.

3. Go to Settings ->Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On

4. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On

5. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Enable Bluetooth HCI snoop log > Toggle On

6. Once the issue is reproduced, Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power down menu.

7. Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.

8. Then upload the BugReport to your personal Google Drive

9. Open the File Manager app on your phone and tap on Local on the top right. Browse to internal.

10. Upload the btsnoop_hci.log to your Google Drive as well

11. Share the link to the BugReport and btsnoop_hci.log on the forums in a reply or via a private message.

12. Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the time that you observed the behavior in local time.

13. One completed to Settings-> Developer options -> Enable Bluetooth HCI snoop log > Toggle Off

Thanks,

-Swaraj

Hi Swaraj !

Thanks 4 replying!

Here are the links u need :

Bug Report : https://drive.google.com/open?id=1EtX67swumOU2Ic5s8-KUGHts_KaP1Zwq

btsnoop_hci.log : https://drive.google.com/open?id=108DSWum4v4GtV9GN6K86ytWmAmBtP3jz

BT devices tried to connect : JBL T450BT, Portronics Muffs BSH10, Zebronics 4.1 BT4440RUCF, Samsung Galaxy Grand2, Lenovo Vibe P1m, other 2 Moto E3 power (with same problem ofcourse).

FYI no specific observation reported before or during the bug report generation & the problem still persists even after the most recent update.

Need your valuable input!

Thanks & Regards

Sayantan Sen.

Options

5996 Posts

12-04-2017

India

1170 Signins

77328 Page Views

• Message 10 of 16

2018-04-30, 14:26 PM

wrote:

Sir.. I'm also experiencing  the same Bluetooth problem which keeps on  connecting and disconnecting continuosly with my audio device,Since my  last update. I don't know anything about  software problems of this phone  .. kindly help me to resolve this priblem

Thank you for writing us, have you tested your device in safe mode? Let us know the difference? Could you please share us more information as requested above? We would need-- make and model of the device you are trying to connect and Bug report.

Thanks,

-Swaraj

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms