Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto E PhonesMOTO E™ 3rd Gen
All Forum Topics
Options

9 Posts

03-26-2017

India

24 Signins

364 Page Views

• Views: 364
  • Message 1 of 9

Wifi is not working properly in Moto E3 Power XT1706.

2017-06-11, 16:21 PM

I'm using Moto E3 Power since October 2016, but since the first day i faced the problem wifi. Some apps load slow or not load at all on Wifi. I did factory reset but it didn't solve my problem. I asked flipkart to exchange my phone cause in that time not charging after otg plug in was a big problem, and they replaced my phone. I got new phone but wifi issue was still remaining after 3 ota updates i'm still facing the same issue, I have done factory reset many times for this but it didn't solve my problem. I contacted Motorola care BUT they were unable to solve my problem, so i'm posting it in Lenovo Forum, I hope you guys will be able to solve my problem.

Google Translate App not working over wifi    Enabling wifi in flight mode it's working

GBOARD Search not working over wifi          but Enabling wifi in flight mode it's working

Pokemon Go not working over wifi                but Enabling wifi in flight mode it's working

Facebook likes not loading                                          but Enabling wifi in flight mode it's working

These are a few apps, i've posted their screenshot. I have connected to other wifi networks and issue was the same. I have reseted my router and Phone but it didn't work. I have 4 other phones [REDMI NOTE4, SAMSUNG ON5, GALAXY S3 NEO, REDMI 3S] connected to this router or network but there is no issue with them all apps works smoothly on wifi but mine works smoothly only in flight mode since the first day. there is no site blocked related to google or these apps in my network. Everything is ok BUT problem is with the phone. Why it works smooth in flight mode only why doesn't it work properly in normal mode. Please help me, i face this issue everyday i tried many things like date and time manual, connecting via static ip but they didn't work.  I have done network settings reset too but it didn't work.

Please help me sir.

My Device details

System Version : 23.0.XT1706_S141_170329_ROW

I'm using DIGISOL HR-3400 router.

My ISP is SITI broadband.

Answer
Options

1325 Posts

01-16-2017

Philippines

278 Signins

37025 Page Views

• Views: 37025

Re: Wifi is not working properly in Moto E3 Power XT1706.

2017-06-14, 14:39 PM

wrote:

I have update my profile with current phone MOTO E (3rd generation) "Moto E3 Power XT1706" is not available in the options, carrier "Reliance Jio" is not listed and I have updated serial number. Motorola Privacy are on in my device.

My Router Mode is DIGISOL DG-HR3400. It's Enryption is WPA/WPA2 Mixed.

It's 300Mbps Wireless Broadband Router. I'm using Google's DNS.

I have sent you both bug report via a Private Message.

I didn't saw anything new before the bug report was taken. All things were same there was no change in that.

The time was 01:54:04 AM Indian Standard Time when i took first bug report when airplane mode was off.

The time was 01:54:04 AM Indian Standard Time on 13-JUNE-2017 when i took first bug report when airplane mode was off.

The time was 01:59:24 AM  Indian Standard Time on 13-JUNE-2017 when i took second bug report when airplane mode was on.

Please check all these things and Help me.

Hi Savitar,

Please follow steps below and let us know:

1. Remove both SIM cards and don’t enable airplane mode. Try to connect again without turning on Airplane Mode. What happens?

2. Try putting in only 1 SIM and force it to 2G/3G only and test again. What happens?

-Anne

Replies(8)
Options

4211 Posts

02-25-2016

United States of America

2146 Signins

35065 Page Views

• Views: 35065
  • Message 2 of 9

2017-06-11, 18:42 PM

when you did the factory reset, did you restore all your apps, or did you start fresh? Try booting the phone in safe mode to see if the wifi works correctly. Some troubleshooting instructions are here

*the search bar is your friend*
-This is a peer to peer support forum, MOTOXPRTs are volunteers, not Motorola employees
Options

9 Posts

03-26-2017

India

24 Signins

364 Page Views

• Message 3 of 9

2017-06-12, 6:09 AM

I started fresh when i did factory reset,I have already tried in safe mode the wifi isssue is still same. In safe mode enabling wifi in flight mode works smoothly. I thing i wanna clear that internet working over wifi but not consistently or smoothly and many apps doesn't load properly, load slow or not load at all like Gboard, Pokemon Go etc.

Options

9 Posts

03-26-2017

India

24 Signins

364 Page Views

• Message 4 of 9

2017-06-12, 13:32 PM

I followed all the instructions mentioned here but it didn't work. 

I booted my phone in safe mode but it didn't work problem was still same.

Wifi on and Gboard search not working in normal mode       but working after turning on wifi in flight mode.

Please help me, i'm tired of this issue. 

Options

5047 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3293 Signins

75146 Page Views

• Views: 75146
  • Message 5 of 9

2017-06-12, 19:04 PM

wrote:

I followed all the instructions mentioned here but it didn't work. 

I booted my phone in safe mode but it didn't work problem was still same.

Wifi on and Gboard search not working in normal mode       but working after turning on wifi in flight mode.

Please help me, i'm tired of this issue. 

I'd like to get some more information so we can test on our end.

First, Please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

Need help updating your profile? See here. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Second, I'd like to get some more details.

1. Make/Model/Security type of one of the routers you've tested on
  2. Please create two Bug Reports with WiFi Verbose enabled. Steps provided below
    1. One report with Airplane mode off (WiFI not working correctly)
    2. One report with Airplane mode disabled (WiFi working correctly).

1. Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on Build number 7 times on the build number to go into the developer options mode]
2. After the above steps, Developer options will be enabled.
3. Go to Settings ->Developer options -> Enable Usb debugging > Toggle On
4. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On
5. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Wi-Fi Verbose Logging > Toggle On
6. Once the issue is reproduced, Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power down menu.
7. Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.
8. Then upload the BugReport to your personal Google Drive and then share the link to the BugReport on the forums in a reply or via a private message.
9. Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the time that you observed the behavior in local time.

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

9 Posts

03-26-2017

India

24 Signins

364 Page Views

• Message 6 of 9

2017-06-12, 21:09 PM

I have update my profile with current phone MOTO E (3rd generation) "Moto E3 Power XT1706" is not available in the options, carrier "Reliance Jio" is not listed and I have updated serial number. Motorola Privacy are on in my device.

I didn't saw anything new before the bug report was taken. All things were same there was no change in that.

The time was 01:54:04 AM Indian Standard Time when i took first bug report when airplane mode was off.

The time was 01:54:04 AM Indian Standard Time on 13-JUNE-2017 when i took first bug report when airplane mode was off.

The time was 01:59:24 AM  Indian Standard Time on 13-JUNE-2017 when i took second bug report when airplane mode was on.

Answer
Options

1325 Posts

01-16-2017

Philippines

278 Signins

37025 Page Views

• Views: 37025
  • Message 7 of 9

2017-06-14, 14:39 PM

wrote:

Hi Savitar,

Please follow steps below and let us know:

1. Remove both SIM cards and don’t enable airplane mode. Try to connect again without turning on Airplane Mode. What happens?

2. Try putting in only 1 SIM and force it to 2G/3G only and test again. What happens?

-Anne

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

9 Posts

03-26-2017

India

24 Signins

364 Page Views

• Message 8 of 9

2017-08-18, 17:31 PM

My router died and the company replaced it with a new router, and i'm facing the same wifi issue again and above solution is not working at all, please help me. What is the problem with this motorola phone

p.s. all others phone's wifi is working properly with this new router.

HELP ME.

Options

1 Posts

03-24-2018

India

2 Signins

39 Page Views

• Views: 39
  • Message 9 of 9

2018-03-24, 7:58 AM

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UqjtzadlbaT2_m4zwW4uy22ZjGCIJdTW/view?usp=drivesdk

my Moto e3 having some problem with wifi connectivity... Some apps not working until flight mode on... 

For example WhatsApp stories don't load 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms