03-10-2018

AU

2 Signins

44 Page Views

• Views: 44
  • Message 1 of 4

Changing the Moto E4 default call screen to recent contacts

2018-03-10, 6:44 AM

When I touch the call button to view recent calls or phone my contacts, the favourites screen comes up and if I accidentally touch a recent contacts it calls them!!!!  More than once the phone has made unintended calls, even when I've simply intended to place the phone on a table.

Pressing the green call button on a friend's phone displays the recent contacts, instead of the favourites, so this problem does not occur.  How to a make this the default in the Moto E4?

Options

5996 Posts

12-04-2017

IN

1170 Signins

77328 Page Views

• Views: 77328
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: Changing the Moto E4 default call screen to recent contacts

2018-03-10, 11:28 AM

wrote:

When I touch the call button to view recent calls or phone my contacts, the favourites screen comes up and if I accidentally touch a recent contacts it calls them!!!!  More than once the phone has made unintended calls, even when I've simply intended to place the phone on a table.

Pressing the green call button on a friend's phone displays the recent contacts, instead of the favourites, so this problem does not occur.  How to a make this the default in the Moto E4?

We thank you for your feedback, we have shared the same with our product team. - Swaraj

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
Options

6 Posts

02-09-2018

US

9 Signins

192 Page Views

• Views: 192
  • Message 3 of 4

2018-03-12, 4:06 AM
even worse, and it's on the e4 and the new e4+ i just got - you can't get rid of the grid contacts showing when you select the phone app. So I call someone, invariably if it's a longer call (guess it has to do with the warmth??) the phone 'thinks' you want to select the screen, which for some odd reason is still showing the whole contacts, so it then tries to call whichever one you facekissed, puts the existing call on hold, and you get a clue when you no longer hear anyone on the other line. Take the phone away from face, see oh crap not only did it put the person on hold that I wanted 4 hours on line to get to, but it called a random person in my contact list that I really don't want to talk to. Quick, try to hang up the phone, don't lose the first call, take them off hold if they haven't already gotten frustrated and hung up.

So a) face calling issue - it's not just me b) I hate the large grid contacts c) I really don't want contacts lined up at all - How about a normal phone app that you click on and there is an alpha list of contacts you can scroll through, usually with a tab for favorites and/or recent or history.If I WANT to see contacts - maybe I'm crazy but I'd click on Contacts and look there, knowing I can (usually in most phones) have a choice of texting/calling that person from within Contacts.

Wonder if anyone has found a substitute that works on this phone to circumvent this. Alreading using Gallery to fix the Photo app mms issue.
Options

7 Posts

08-06-2018

US

11 Signins

161 Page Views

• Views: 161
  • Message 4 of 4

2018-08-06, 16:45 PM

I would suggest that these buttons need to require a double tap to make them activate a call perhaps or have a confirmation step or something. Also your login sign up page is ambiguous it says special characters but doesn't allow "{" (and probably others I expect). Please have your web people fix this I am extremely annoyed by poorly done web content!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Otherwise I really like my e4 plus phone... well done.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms