12-12-2019

US

2 Signins

31 Page Views

• Views: 31
  • Message 1 of 4

Create System Update Backup

2019-12-12, 16:50 PM

New to Moto devices! I want to create a recovery of my current system. Not my media, contacts, etc but just the os. Afraid if I need to factory reset I'll have to reinstall all of the system updates and I don't have wifi at home so this is really inconvenient. With my previous phones I could create a system recovery but I'm not seeing this option on the Lenovo Smart Assistant pc program even. I see the Upgrade/Restore tab but I don't see how to download the product to my pc.  How are you folks doing this?

Solved! See the solution
Options

1687 Posts

03-11-2019

US

565 Signins

40105 Page Views

• Views: 40105
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: Create System Update Backup

2019-12-12, 17:27 PM

Hi Calisamgal,

Thanks for posting. You don't need to worry if you do a factory data reset since it will not remove the system update it will still be the same current version before you do the reset. The restore function in the Lenovo Moto Smart Assistant Tool will reinstall/flash the current system. The Upgrade will download the latest system updates available for your phone. We would still suggest to backup the contents of your phone before doing a restore and a factory reset. 

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

2 Posts

12-12-2019

US

2 Signins

31 Page Views

• Views: 31
  • Message 3 of 4

2019-12-12, 17:36 PM
Ok great! Assuming applicable to the 5_16_2019 release. Was that when the clock stopped?
Options

1687 Posts

03-11-2019

US

565 Signins

40105 Page Views

• Views: 40105
  • Message 4 of 4

2019-12-12, 17:53 PM

Hi Calisamgal,

What do you mean by the clock stopped? This is applicable to all software versions of the Moto E4. 

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete