08-13-2017

IN

6 Signins

105 Page Views

• Views: 105
  • Message 1 of 63

Face not visible during video call on Moto E4 Plus

2017-08-13, 15:10 PM

I have Volte enabled on my phone. Whenever there is a video call, my face or surroundings are not visible. The entire screen is dark/black to the other person. This not an issue with any other phone in the same light conditions. Attached is photo of how my face appears to other person during video call.

Also, the issue is only with the default dialler. A WhatsApp video call works perfectly. 

It looks like the camera exposure settings during default dialler video call are incorrect. Please fix ASAP. 

I'm unable to video call to my family due to this issue. 

Thanks,

Kalpana Pitale

Options

2438 Posts

12-19-2016

PH

477 Signins

37577 Page Views

• Views: 37577
  • Message 2 of 63

Re: Face not visible during video call on Moto E4 Plus

2017-08-14, 21:31 PM

wrote:

I have Volte enabled on my phone. Whenever there is a video call, my face or surroundings are not visible. The entire screen is dark/black to the other person. This not an issue with any other phone in the same light conditions. Attached is photo of how my face appears to other person during video call.

Also, the issue is only with the default dialler. A WhatsApp video call works perfectly. 

It looks like the camera exposure settings during default dialler video call are incorrect. Please fix ASAP. 

I'm unable to video call to my family due to this issue. 

Thanks,

Kalpana Pitale

Hi KalpanaPitale

When did this issue start? Have you tried video calling using another third party app and see if it will have the same issue? Please try booting it into safe mode and see if it helps. Thanks!

Regards,
Ella
Motorola Support

Options

28 Posts

09-27-2016

IN

166 Signins

934 Page Views

• Views: 934
  • Message 3 of 63

2017-08-15, 4:31 AM
I also face this issue. Only with native video calling this is happening. Another thing is that native video calling option appears only when data connection is on. If it is off no video calling can be done. This E4 plus have many issue with VoLTE. VoLTE doesn't work after keeping this mobile only 5min. Idle. Go to customer care, they are also helpless. All e4 plus customers are facing this issue since 1 month. But no reply from Moto. We are now hopeless about this. Please solve these all issues. Please
Options

5 Posts

08-13-2017

IN

6 Signins

105 Page Views

• Message 4 of 63

2017-08-15, 9:29 AM

To Moto Team, 

wrote:

Hi KalpanaPitale

When did this issue start? Have you tried video calling using another third party app and see if it will have the same issue? Please try booting it into safe mode and see if it helps. Thanks!

Regards,
Ella
Motorola Support

The issue is since day 1 of buying phone. I bought the phone recently.

The issue occurs only with the default dialer and video call option. The issue is not present when doing a whatapp or skype video calls.

Moto needs to update the default dialer to fix the issues.

Options

2438 Posts

12-19-2016

PH

477 Signins

37577 Page Views

• Message 5 of 63

2017-08-15, 17:25 PM

wrote:

To Moto Team, 

wrote:

Hi KalpanaPitale

Regards,
Ella
Motorola Support

The issue is since day 1 of buying phone. I bought the phone recently.

The issue occurs only with the default dialer and video call option. The issue is not present when doing a whatapp or skype video calls.

Moto needs to update the default dialer to fix the issues.

Hi KalpanaPitale

We need to identify what is causing this issue. Can you send us a photo showing how it looks like while using Whatsapp? Have you tried resetting the phone with automatic restore disabled and see if it may help?

Would you please update your profile with the serial/IMEI/MEID number of your phone? This will help us investigate. Make sure that the Motorola Privacy on your device is enabled.

For assistance in updating your profile, you can check this link. Thanks!

- Ella

Options

5 Posts

08-13-2017

IN

6 Signins

105 Page Views

• Message 6 of 63

2017-08-25, 17:10 PM

Hi, 

This is how it looks in dialer

In WhatsApp video call or selfie it's normal like any other video call on other devices. 

I have updated the profile with serial number and enabled Moto privacy on device.

I haven't reset the phone as data will be lost. 

-Kalpana Pitale

Options

1 Posts

08-28-2017

IN

2 Signins

16 Page Views

• Views: 16
  • Message 7 of 63

2017-08-28, 18:35 PM

Hi,I too have same issue

Seems like it was fine with moto c plus..

Please fix this ASAP..moto e4 plus - cant use video call from dailer app

Thanks,

Kishore

Options

1 Posts

07-23-2017

IN

3 Signins

19 Page Views

• Views: 19
  • Message 8 of 63

Video recording under artificial lighting is dark

2017-09-03, 15:18 PM

Hello sir I faces 4 issues on my moto e4 plus. First of all some times proximity sensors does not works, even in safe mode, second problem is video calling is impossible because of darkness, same issue in safe mode but 3rd party apps works fine, next problem is video recording using native camera app of moto is darker and quite blurry, last problem is finger print sensor sometimes lags, even in safe mode. Your servicing center is helpless.

Options

2438 Posts

12-19-2016

PH

477 Signins

37577 Page Views

• Message 9 of 63

Re: Video recording under artificial lighting is dark

2017-09-07, 19:52 PM

wrote:

Hello sir I faces 4 issues on my moto e4 plus. First of all some times proximity sensors does not works, even in safe mode, second problem is video calling is impossible because of darkness, same issue in safe mode but 3rd party apps works fine, next problem is video recording using native camera app of moto is darker and quite blurry, last problem is finger print sensor sometimes lags, even in safe mode. Your servicing center is helpless.

Hi Pranay12

When did you start encountering these issues? What do you mean by the proximity sensor not working? In what aspect? 

Can you send us a sample video of your video calling and recording? 

Regards,
Ella
Motorola Support

Options

2438 Posts

12-19-2016

PH

477 Signins

37577 Page Views

• Message 10 of 63

2017-09-07, 19:58 PM

wrote:

Hi, 

This is how it looks in dialer

In WhatsApp video call or selfie it's normal like any other video call on other devices. 

I have updated the profile with serial number and enabled Moto privacy on device.

I haven't reset the phone as data will be lost. 

-Kalpana Pitale

Hi KalpanaPitale

Sorry for the delay in response. Thank you for updating your profile.

I'll have this check so we can provide a resolution to your concern. Meanwhile, I suggest backing-up your files or syncing it with your Google account, so that in case that we may need to perform the factory reset, your files are safe. Just go to Settings > Account > Google > three dots on the upper left side > Sync now.

- Ella

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms