08-30-2019

MX

5 Signins

36 Page Views

• Views: 36
  • Message 1 of 8

I lose contacts when I connect to WiFi

2019-08-30, 23:03 PM

It is a verizon phone, however it was working fine, everything happened when I reset it to factory settings, since then every so often that I connect to the WiFi I lose contacts and I have to use the backups that my google account has to recover them. Anyone have a similar problem or a possible solution?

Thanks in advance for your response.

Options

9843 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1079 Signins

145173 Page Views

• Views: 145173
  • Message 2 of 8

Re: I lose contacts when I connect to WiFi

2019-09-03, 15:43 PM

Hi JesusDLR,

Appreciate your post. This is interesting and odd at the same time. Can you please confirm how did you backup and restore your contacts? We'd like to make sure how you'd do it. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

4 Posts

08-30-2019

MX

5 Signins

36 Page Views

• Message 3 of 8

2019-09-03, 15:58 PM

Use the contact service of my google account that is synchronized on my phone. Go to contacts.google.com and return to a backup that Google had from my contacts 30 days ago, that way I was able to recover most of my contacts. However the error remains, it lasts a few days well, but then it happens again that I lose my contacts and I have to be doing the above to recover my contacts. It's annoying and strange at the same time, because it didn't happen before.

Options

9843 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1079 Signins

145173 Page Views

• Message 4 of 8

2019-09-04, 15:39 PM

Hi JesusDLR,

Thanks for confirming. I'd like to clarify when you go to Settings > Accounts > Google > Sync, do you see the contacts toggled off and you're just toggling it back on? Can you show a video of how you're actually doing it? Also, what's the error message?

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

4 Posts

08-30-2019

MX

5 Signins

36 Page Views

• Message 5 of 8

2019-09-04, 16:56 PM
The contact synchronization option of my google account is always active, what I do when my contacts are lost is to restore a backup in contacts.google.com and use the menu of the three points and synchronize now.Contacts are lost when I change 4G connection to WiFi, but only occasionally.There are no error messages, only my contacts are lost and a few remain (approximately 220 of them are all deleted and approximately 40 remain).
Options

9843 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1079 Signins

145173 Page Views

• Message 6 of 8

2019-09-05, 15:07 PM

Hi JesusDLR,

I would suggest removing your Google account on your phone and adding it back. Resync it again afterward and observe the phone if the contacts will disappear again. Let me know. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Options

4 Posts

08-30-2019

MX

5 Signins

36 Page Views

• Message 7 of 8

2019-09-05, 15:46 PM
When it happened to me for the first time, I waited a few days and restart the phone to factory settings from the android options. Then as it happened again, it is an update that Motorola sent to my phone or some fault that persists even after restarting it to factory settings. Any idea that it can persist even with factory reset restarts? Or will I have to change Google account for a new one?
Options

9843 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1079 Signins

145173 Page Views

• Message 8 of 8

2019-09-06, 17:54 PM

Hello JesusDLR,

Do the steps you've been doing from the contacts.google.com to get contacts back on the phone.
On Phone go to contacts app. (Menu > Settings > Export > Save the vcf file)
Once the export is completed delete all contacts from the phone
Go to Settings > Accounts > Tap on google account. Turn off contacts sync and turn it back on. Allow sync to finish
Go to contacts app on phone. (Menu > Settings > Import > vcf file > Tap on google account to import them to > tap on the contacts.vcf file
Once the import is completed go back to Settings > Accounts > Tap on google account > Toggle contacts sync off and on again
Let us know if this helps

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete