Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto E PhonesMOTO E™ 4th Gen / MOTO E™ 4th Gen Plus
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

12-06-2017

United States of America

7 Signins

135 Page Views

• Views: 135
  • Message 1 of 4

Moto E 4 data connection issue

2017-12-06, 23:10 PM

I recently bought an E 4 and thinking about returning it.  I am in the middle of a triangle of 3 cell towers within an 8 mile radius and when I step inside my house I get no service.  I cannot use my mobile hotspot because I'm not getting any data.  And even when I do have full service I can be right next to a cell tower and still have problems streaming live stuff or receiving life streams.  Is this an issue with the cell antenna in the phone? Software? Or an issue with my cell service provider?  Please help. Thanks

Options

2438 Posts

12-19-2016

Philippines

477 Signins

37577 Page Views

• Views: 37577
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: Moto E 4 data connection issue

2017-12-08, 17:04 PM

Hi Paddy5

Let me verify, do you have service outside your house? Is it only inside your house which you are not getting any signal? Has it worked before? Have you tried contacting your Service provider? 

Would you also update your profile with the serial/IMEI/MEID number of your phone? This will help us investigate. Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled. Please check the link and update your profile here.

Regards,
Ella
Motorola Support

Options

3 Posts

12-06-2017

United States of America

7 Signins

135 Page Views

• Views: 135
  • Message 3 of 4

Re: Moto E 4 data connection issue

2017-12-08, 20:10 PM

I updated all . I do have service outside of my house.  When I step in my house the service either drops off to 1 bar or switches the 3g and it has also switched to domestic roaming

Options

1 Posts

12-12-2017

United States of America

2 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 4 of 4

Moto EM data connection issues

2017-12-12, 18:30 PM

Hello, my Moto e⁴ has recently  (in the past month only) suffered from data connection issues where I still see the LTE or 3G symbol but cannot use the internet or any internet connected apps at all. The bar also has a tiny x next to it when on 3G or LTE but not when connected to WiFi. I've tried everything such as a data reset and a factory reboot. I've tried everything plz help!! I don't want to buy a new phone!! 

The picture is an an example of the x I'm getting 

Much help would be appreciated, thank you

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms