Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto E PhonesMOTO E™ 4th Gen / MOTO E™ 4th Gen Plus
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

12-27-2017

United States of America

2 Signins

69 Page Views

• Views: 69
  • Message 1 of 3

Moto E4 Plus Unlocked 32gb no Advance Calling feature

2017-12-27, 15:15 PM

It is baffling to me how the Moto E4 plus unlocked version does not have the feature for advance calling. My girlfriend bought the Moto E4 plus 16gb version from Verizon and she has the advance calling feature. One reason why this feature is important is while using GPS if you are on a phone call and accidently make a wrong turn and you are still on that call the GPS cannot reroute because it does not have data access. Even when I got back on track the GPS would not continue. I had to end the call. Just to be clear data and voice will not work simultaneously on the unlocked version. I would consider just getting the 16gb version but I need the 32gb version or I get stuck constantly having to decide which apps should I keep and which ones do I delete (as we know all apps don't move to an SD card). A feature patch would be great or if anyone knows how to unlock this feature as a root user.

Options

2438 Posts

12-19-2016

Philippines

477 Signins

37577 Page Views

• Views: 37577
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Moto E4 Plus Unlocked 32gb no Advance Calling feature

2017-12-29, 20:03 PM

Hi KBtheProfessor

Thanks for sharing how important it is for you to have this feature. But may I ask if you have the same Carrier as your girlfriend's? Have you contacted your Carrier to have this enabled? 

Advanced calling is a Carrier dependent feature and doesn't rely/depend on the device's storage. If you and your girlfriend have the same Carrier, I suggest contacting your Carrier to have it checked. 

Regards,
Ella
Motorola Support

Options

13 Posts

07-10-2012

United States of America

22 Signins

281 Page Views

• Views: 281
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Moto E4 Plus Unlocked 32gb no Advance Calling feature

2018-02-07, 22:49 PM

If only I had seen this first...and known what the local factory store Verizon rep told me was flat out wrong.  I was assured simply having LTE would address this, rather than requiring a switch Motorola has built into the phones it builds for Verizon, but not the unlocked phone.  I need a 32GB phone and bought this phone for this very purpose, and it's now essentially worthless.  I also gave up a rate plan with MetroPCS I'll no longer be able to get if I go back to them for their slow, but working, service in my new location.  Damnit.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms