03-22-2018

United States of America

3 Signins

27 Page Views

• Views: 27
  • Message 1 of 7

Moto E4 plus GPS

2018-03-22, 18:12 PM

Just moved from iPhone to Moto e4 Plus.  I am somewhat familiar with the android platform thought.  I am not certain my GPS is working, or working fully.  I have done some digging around and can't seem to find answers.

1.  On wifi, maps, location tagging of photos, etc are working.  Pokemon Go is not.

2. On cellular, GPS does not seem to be working at all.

Location settings are all on, scanning for wifi and bluetooth also on.  Permissions for the apps to be using location is on.  What else am I missing.  Is there another advanced setting I can't find somewhere?

Thank you!

Options

12097 Posts

03-05-2018

United States of America

1199 Signins

162950 Page Views

• Views: 162950
  • Message 2 of 7

Re: Moto E4 plus GPS

2018-03-22, 18:47 PM

Hi Alyix_James,

Thanks for posting. Can you check if the applications are updated? I would suggest setting the Location Mode to High Accuracy. Also, if you have third-party app for GPS it might cause an issue, so we need to uninstall them.

To set Location Mode Accuracy: 

Settings > Location > Toggle On > Mode > High Accuracy

Please let me know how it goes. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Click the thumbs up button to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

3 Posts

03-22-2018

United States of America

3 Signins

27 Page Views

• Views: 27
  • Message 3 of 7

2018-03-22, 21:33 PM

That was too easy and I feel foolish!  It was set on Battery saving and not high accuracy, but I didn't realize that it was an option to click on to change.  I thought using the scanning option for the wifi and bluetooth would also do that for some reason. I now see my GPS icon at the top when I open items that use GPS and it all appears to be working just fine!

THANK YOU!

Options

4 Posts

03-30-2018

Colombia

7 Signins

63 Page Views

• Views: 63
  • Message 4 of 7

2018-03-30, 19:41 PM

Hello! I have been having GPS issues in my new Moto e4 plus. While I drive, it "gets lost" and sents me in the opposite direction or gives me inaccurate directions, after a while it comes back to normal (I use waze for driving in my city) I also use my phone for logging while exercising, mainly running and walking (the apps being nike run club and google fit), and it doestn´t log properly the distances I run or walk (giving me much less that what I did!). It was working well the first few days, now it seems to be getting worse. 

I have tried without result so make sure the "high accuracy" setting is on. I also tried reseting the gps log (as per instructions I got from another forum) and then decided to ask here because being the forum of the brand, I hope to receive more helpful advice. 

Thank you to anyone able to help! 

Options

2 Posts

06-25-2018

India

4 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 5 of 7

2018-06-25, 17:02 PM

I am really facing issue after purchase of Moto E4 plus, navigation and all other sensors are giving trouble I don't have any idea . Why moto is hiding specifications.

Moto G3 was on lower cost than this phone and was having good features

A whole day I was searching where to go, direction is very bad , if any one in the community have solution please suggest

Options

12097 Posts

03-05-2018

United States of America

1199 Signins

162950 Page Views

• Views: 162950
  • Message 6 of 7

2018-06-26, 16:02 PM

Hi anacvillaMurari070,

Thanks for posting here on this thread, Are we using Google Maps? Please check if the app is updated in Playstore. Also, can we test this on safemode?

To Enable Safe Mode

1. Press and hold the Power button until Power off comes up on the screen.

2. Touch and HOLD Power off on the screen until reboot to safe mode appears.

3. Touch OK when Reboot to safe mode appears

4. Phone will reboot and Safe Mode will appear in bottom left corner

5. If the issue does not remain in safe mode, this indicates a third party application installed from the Play Store is causing the problem.

6. Restart the device to get out of safe mode and uninstall any recently installed applications.

*** Begin by looking for specific application types such as launchers, task killers or anti-virus apps.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Click the thumbs up button to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

2 Posts

06-25-2018

India

4 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 7 of 7

2018-06-26, 16:20 PM

Thank you very much Rich,

Yes I am using Google map, my problem is with directions. Iam moving mobile all direction but map is stick to only one direction. Do we have any solution for direction.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms