05-29-2018

NL

3 Signins

21 Page Views

• Views: 21
  • Message 201 of 288

Re: Moto E4 wifi connection problems

2018-06-09, 8:02 AM

Someone told me the disconnecting problem of the Wifi/Bluetooth is related to using dual sim. Do you people with this problem use dual sim? I do have two sim cards in the phone. 

I didnt remove the second sim card yet to try if this makes a difference. 

Options

6 Posts

04-01-2018

GB

10 Signins

36 Page Views

• Views: 36
  • Message 202 of 288

2018-06-09, 8:06 AM
I don't have a second SIM (not even sure if it is a dual SIM model I have - I'm in the UK)

Ian
Options

9 Posts

09-28-2008

US

15 Signins

124 Page Views

• Views: 124
  • Message 203 of 288

2018-06-11, 13:18 PM

Have tried EVERYTHING, different Access Points and SSIDs, new Router, E4+ Factory Reset included. Motorola Tech Support finally asked me to send it in for repair (still under warranty). Since NONE of the other 6 phones in my house has this issue, this has to be an issue with the E4+. Will report back when the fixed/replaced E4+ arrives in a couple of weeks!

Options

1 Posts

06-15-2018

US

1 Signins

12 Page Views

• Views: 12
  • Message 204 of 288

2018-06-15, 4:22 AM

Setting ->

Location ->

3-dot menu ->

Scanning ->

Uncheck BOTH WiFi

AND Bluetooth Scanning!

THIS WORKED FOR ME! No restart required on your phone and no reboot required on your modem. 

45 seconds came and went since I performed this operation and I am no longer having the issue of my wifi constantly disconnecting.

I hope this helps... Mark this topic solved!

Options

1 Posts

06-17-2018

GB

1 Signins

28 Page Views

• Views: 28
  • Message 205 of 288

2018-06-17, 11:33 AM
Absolutely agree, it's completely unacceptable that Moto can even sell a phone with such problems, having to repeatedly turn things on and off is not a reasonable solution. It's a internet connected phone! One of its basic purposes. Never Moto again
Options

2 Posts

06-19-2018

US

5 Signins

64 Page Views

• Views: 64
  • Message 206 of 288

2018-06-19, 1:17 AM

Turning scanning off does nothing for me I still get the same issue but I have noticed something

When I go to walmart and there is only a couple wifi networks availible it connects and stays connected just fine.

Same when I go to a resturant.

Same when I go to my favorite bar.

Same when I visit my parents who live in a small town and only one neighbors wifi shows up

BUT when I am at my appartment with all my neighbors networks showing up it disconnects me EVERY time it refreshes the wifi network list.

TL:DR

1 or two networks availible it stays connected just fine

15+ networks disconnects every time it scans for networks

I've been searching for a way to tell it to stop scanning for WIFI connections  Even when off location scanning still provides you with an updated network list, as I have a huntch that if I tell it to never scan except when I specifically tell it to it will fix the issue.

Options

1 Posts

06-19-2018

US

2 Signins

14 Page Views

• Views: 14
  • Message 207 of 288

2018-06-19, 17:35 PM

I hardly see how this is a solution. I have tried connecting to other wifi connections and get the same result. I play 2 mobile games on my phone. One of them seemingly does ok while the other constantly loses connection. However, my roommate has a Samsung Note 7 and he doesn't have any wifi connection issues. He plays both as well. With no issues. I picked this particular phone because it was a cheap alternative with a Snapdragon processor. While it handles the graphics content pretty well, I can only play this game using data whereas other people tend to get an advantage because they use wifi. I've tried clearing caches and both soft and hard resets and while they are temp fixes it always goes back to the same lousy result. I just read earlier that it may be an issue between bluetooth and wifi? Any real solutions to this existing problem?

Options

9 Posts

09-28-2008

US

15 Signins

124 Page Views

• Views: 124
  • Message 208 of 288

2018-06-20, 14:06 PM

Update:

Motorola replaced the phone (refurbished with some spots, not clean like what I sent them) and the same WiFi up and down connection issues. WiFi much more stable (2.4) in safe mode. Also did factory reset while clearing cache, no change.

Back to regular ('unsafe'??) mode and the WiFi up/down circus starts again. Asked Moto to replace with different model phone, offered to pay difference, if any. Denied.

They now want to replace the phone for the 2nd time (am still  under warranty)! Other phones I have that have in the family have NO WiFi issues:

Oneplus One

Moto G4+

Huawei Mate 2

Huawei Mate 7

Huawei Mate 9

Honor 5x

Huawei Ascend XT2

And this is NOT an E4 Plus issue? Come on, Motorola, step up to the plate! Your customers expect Support, aka HELP!

Options

1 Posts

06-21-2018

IT

1 Signins

11 Page Views

• Views: 11
  • Message 209 of 288

2018-06-21, 6:10 AM

Finally i solved it when i disabled the band steering in my wifi modem. 

Options

2 Posts

06-19-2018

US

5 Signins

64 Page Views

• Views: 64
  • Message 210 of 288

Won't stay connected to WIFI in crowded areas - Moto E4

2018-06-25, 21:05 PM

So I own 2 Moto E4s and 2 LG K8s as well as a Samsung Tablet a Kindle

My problem only exists on the 2 Motos.

Basically my wifi connection drops and reconnects every few seconds on some networks. I have spoken with support several times my ISP several times and a couple more unconventional ideas that have lead me to beleive that it is specifically an issue with this model phone.

First off the normal stuff I tried

Turning scanning off - No improvement

Rebooting the phone - No improvement

Forgeting network - No improvement

Forgetting network,  Turning off WI-FI, turning off phone, rebooting router, turning phone back on turning wifi back on reconnecting to network. - No improvement

Accessing router creating entierly new wifi connect wifi making certain of security settings. - No improvement

Changing routers - No improvement

Then I noticed something; It only happens where there are alot of networks around.

When I go to walmart and there is only a couple wifi networks availible it connects and stays connected just fine.

Same when I go to a resturant.

Same when I go to my favorite bar.

Same when I visit my parents who live in a small town and only one neighbors wifi shows up

BUT when I am at my appartment with all my neighbors networks showing up it disconnects me EVERY time it refreshes the wifi network list.

1 or two networks availible it stays connected just fine

15+ networks disconnects every time it scans for networks

To test this theory I first disconnected my internet from the router so it was just the router. and I got disconnected just like before. Then I went to a friends house where it had worked previously and had him disconnect his internet from his router. it connected and stayed connected. So I was able to determine that it has nothing to do with the internet.

I then unplugged my router grabbed my power inverter and went to my car and plugged the router into the inverter and when it powered up I connected my phone to the wifi and it connected but still kept disconnecting. So I went for a small drive, when I got somewhere where my phone didn't show many wifi connections I reconnected to my wifi (remember this is the same router that has issues at home) and it stayed connected just fine. then I went to a different apartment complex where there were lots of WiFi signals and connected there and almost immediatly the disconnects started happening.

I tested every step above with both E4's and a LG phone

I can't see how given all that anyone can try to tell me it is not a flaw in the phone model itself and not just my specific phone(s).

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete