CA

2 Signins

8 Page Views

• Views: 8
  • Message 211 of 288

Re: Moto E4 wifi connection problems

2018-06-28, 16:45 PM

Just got the Moto E4 teo days ago and haven't been able to connect to WiFi 

I decided to troubleshoot by looking on the internet and found this threat.

Looks like the problem had been ongoing and that nothing is going to get fixed. I am returning the phone 

Thanks 

Options

1 Posts

07-02-2018

BE

2 Signins

13 Page Views

• Views: 13
  • Message 212 of 288

2018-07-02, 21:09 PM

The only solution that worked for me was to enter the router settings and set its channel instead of automatic switching that was set by default.

Options

15 Posts

05-29-2008

Belgium

42 Signins

361 Page Views

• Views: 361
  • Message 213 of 288

2018-07-03, 15:46 PM

Same problems here with a brand new X4. All Wifi networks around me are visible except mine. My Wifi network, that I gave a specific name does not show up in the list of available networks. Other devices see my home network and can connect. 

It must be a typical Moto smartphone problem, not related to a specific model type. Very sad c'se it's a nice phone. The helpdesk for BE is only in English, and they adviced me a factory reset. That did not help.

I was wondering if it could have something to do with the WIFI frequency I use on my modem ? It is set to channel 13, which is at the extreme side of the settings range. Most people use channels 3 to 7.

I'm desperate.

Options

1 Posts

07-04-2018

GB

3 Signins

18 Page Views

• Views: 18
  • Message 214 of 288

2018-07-04, 9:19 AM

I'm no expert but what I did seems to have solved the problem. I went to settings, opened up the mobile connectivity setting, clicked on more, went to APN settings, edited the internet name and APN by changing both to internet, and it's now working.

Options

1 Posts

07-06-2018

FR

2 Signins

17 Page Views

• Views: 17
  • Message 215 of 288

2018-07-06, 7:29 AM

This is not, at least for me, a fix that's really a fix. Doing this every 5-10 minutes is not a fix.

This was a "quick reply " to a specific post and it shows up at the end of the thread. As Donald Trump would say "BAD".

Options

15 Posts

05-29-2008

Belgium

42 Signins

361 Page Views

• Views: 361
  • Message 216 of 288

2018-07-08, 5:17 AM
Now that was helpful. Hasn't this been said a dozen times ?
Options

2 Posts

07-08-2018

IN

3 Signins

61 Page Views

• Views: 61
  • Message 217 of 288

2018-07-08, 17:47 PM

I think all moto  g and e phones have the same issue. I have an E5Plus. Surprised to see that this issue is 'Solved'. I am facing this issue for almost a  year now. I have tried all the options posted in the community. It was not  connecting to the wifi in my apartment, but it was connecting to the wifi in another apartment in the same complex. Restarting the modem once solved the issue. I travel frequently and so i depend on the wi-fi provided in the hotels and service apartments. After a tiresome travel it is too furstrating to keep fiddling with my phone to make it connect to the hotel or apartment wi-fi. It is not an option to contact the hotel guys or apartment agent to restart the modem and keep testing this. Every time i end up paying some money to the local mobile service providers Lyca, Vodafone, Lebara etc and depend on mobile internet. I have wasted hours during every travel now being the latest one. Was too eager this time to find a real fix from Lenovo support and not a fix from the free service of enthusiastic tech wizards of the community, though the communities are always very helpful. But disappointed as i spent the last two  hours trying all the same options only to find that  i am back at the same place i started. This really sucks. Unfortuantely i cant swap the phone at home - one is a Lenovo and another is a g5. Luckily i didnt buy an expensive phone. I will  discard this phone  and buy another non-lenovo phone.   I neither have the patience nor time to keep exploring a fix.  

Options

5988 Posts

12-04-2017

IN

1170 Signins

77328 Page Views

• Views: 77328
  • Message 218 of 288

2018-07-09, 13:58 PM

wrote:

I think all moto  g and e phones have the same issue. I have an E5Plus. Surprised to see that this issue is 'Solved'. I am facing this issue for almost a  year now. I have tried all the options posted in the community. It was not  connecting to the wifi in my apartment, but it was connecting to the wifi in another apartment in the same complex. Restarting the modem once solved the issue. I travel frequently and so i depend on the wi-fi provided in the hotels and service apartments. After a tiresome travel it is too furstrating to keep fiddling with my phone to make it connect to the hotel or apartment wi-fi. It is not an option to contact the hotel guys or apartment agent to restart the modem and keep testing this. Every time i end up paying some money to the local mobile service providers Lyca, Vodafone, Lebara etc and depend on mobile internet. I have wasted hours during every travel now being the latest one. Was too eager this time to find a real fix from Lenovo support and not a fix from the free service of enthusiastic tech wizards of the community, though the communities are always very helpful. But disappointed as i spent the last two  hours trying all the same options only to find that  i am back at the same place i started. This really sucks. Unfortuantely i cant swap the phone at home - one is a Lenovo and another is a g5. Luckily i didnt buy an expensive phone. I will  discard this phone  and buy another non-lenovo phone.   I neither have the patience nor time to keep exploring a fix.  

Hi SGuru,

Sorry to learn about the ongoing issue that you have been facing. This is strange that it worked earlier with a few routers. We would like to take a look, could you test in safe mode once to see if this is an app issue? To go into Safe Mode, press the physical power key, then press and hold the pop-up "Power off" key until the Safe Mode instructions pop up.

If you are able to replicate in safe mode then we might want a Bug report for further investigation. Please update your profile with IMEI.

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto support

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
Options

2 Posts

07-08-2018

IN

3 Signins

61 Page Views

• Views: 61
  • Message 219 of 288

2018-07-09, 19:57 PM

Hi Swaraj, Many thanks for your response. Tried in safe mode as instructed. Same result. Select the connection, enter password and connection is 'saved' and not connected. I tried updating my mobile  serial number from About the phone and tried the 2 IMEI numbers displayed but all three were not getting accepted. Please advise. Regards, Guru

Options

3 Posts

10-25-2017

CA

5 Signins

29 Page Views

• Views: 29
  • Message 220 of 288

2018-07-09, 21:16 PM

wrote:

wrote:

Hi SGuru,

Sorry to learn about the ongoing issue that you have been facing. This is strange that it worked earlier with a few routers. We would like to take a look, could you test in safe mode once to see if this is an app issue? To go into Safe Mode, press the physical power key, then press and hold the pop-up "Power off" key until the Safe Mode instructions pop up.

If you are able to replicate in safe mode then we might want a Bug report for further investigation. Please update your profile with IMEI.

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto support

I am the guy that posted the thread. You have good reasons to be sorry. This is the first and the last time I buy anything from Lenovo. It has been for almost a year that this issue goes on and Lenovo did not even bother to update the software the solve the problem. The support just [Removed].

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete