US

925 Signins

79600 Page Views

• Views: 79600
  • Message 241 of 288

Re: Moto E4 wifi connection problems

2018-08-01, 18:14 PM

wrote:

I'm having the same problem. My Moto E4 is struggling to maintain a consistent connection to my wifi. It is OK most of the time, but occasionally gets stuck in a cycle of 'Connected, no internet -> Disconnecting -> Connecting -> Connected, no internet.

I've tried a factory reset - no change.

I've had the phone sent away for repair - no change.

I've had the phone replaced (with no quibbles by Tesco Mobile) - the new phone does exactly the same

I've run the phone in safe mode - no change.

The access point I use is on the 2.4 GHz band, and uses WPA2 PSK encryption.

I've taken a debug dump, and I'll message Swaraj privately with a link and my IMEI.

Hello JerryNi,

We would like to check if you are still getting this issue after the recent software update. What is the current build number of your phone?

Regards,
JM
Motorola Support

**Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Options

13 Posts

03-17-2018

GB

43 Signins

239 Page Views

• Views: 239
  • Message 242 of 288

2018-08-02, 11:07 AM

Hi JM,

I was beginning to think no-one from Motorola was monitoring this forum any more!

I still get wifi dropouts, but they seem to happen less frequently and independent of whether bluetooth is on or not.

Having said that, since January I've been in the habit of turning bluetooth off unless I need to use it, and as no-one has told me that a potential fix had been applied, that's still the case.

I'll leave bluetooth switched on and monitor the situation. I'll report back to this forum next week.

Build number is NMA26.42-142

Regards,

Jerry

Options

1 Posts

08-07-2018

IE

6 Signins

35 Page Views

• Views: 35
  • Message 243 of 288

2018-08-07, 9:22 AM

I'm having the same problem with my e4 plus. Intermittently..I might have a few days where its not too bad then a few days of total deadlock where no matter what I do to resolve it ....Through tips from these threads I can't get home wifi and have to rely on my mobile dara. 

I usually go into the wifi forget the network that I'm trying to connect to switch off wifi, switch off phone and restart sometimes this work for a few minutes and a lot of the time it doesn't help matters. I'll get a message like disabled...When it's not... Or no wifi options available...Or authentication error.

I have had the phone since Christmas and have stupidly persevered thinking it would improve.

Apart from this I'm happy with the phone...If I look for a replacement am I just going to get the same problem again. 

And yes this happens on other networks not just at home. The issue is not with my home network. I've tested other devices and there is no issue. I've never had an issue like this before.

My family gifted me this phobe and I've never had such an expensive phone always entry level samsung. 

So disappointed and baffled?

Options

81 Posts

07-16-2018

US

25 Signins

572 Page Views

• Views: 572
  • Message 244 of 288

2018-08-08, 0:57 AM

I'm on my 4th replacement phone. Fingers crossed number 4 has no bugs. I share this to illustrate how bad the situation is. The first two phones came from a store room brand new at MetroPCS. Phone 3 came from Motorola but was not activated to work on the MetroPCS system. Phone 4 was supposed to be special--i.e. checked with more care to work on MetroPCS. MetroPCS was able to activate the phone but then sold me a new phone plan to make it work. CRAZY. I've spent well over 40 hours on this problem with the Motoe4.

JustFixIt
Options

1 Posts

08-10-2018

US

2 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 245 of 288

2018-08-10, 12:39 PM

In my case my moto e4 is been used with Cricket provider and started disconnecting from wi-fi randomnly, usually after a few minutes I would have to manually reconnect wi-fi.  Searching thru my Cricket account found a Cricket wi-fi manager wich was on all the time. After switching that off my problem dissapeared and has been connected to wi-fi with no issues, like it was before. Is nice to have my moto e4 back working properly. Hope this will help somebody.

Options

2 Posts

08-15-2018

GB

4 Signins

87 Page Views

• Views: 87
  • Message 246 of 288

2018-08-16, 0:20 AM

Oops ,,,I posted a new feed bout the ongoing WiFi disconnecting ,,,I then read wenot to post new feeds or talk about this issue it clogs up the website and becuase it's a forum so what next just wish I'd got that honor7 paid the lite bit more i.v got other Lenovo device I like thought this e 4puss would be safe buy arghh

Options

13 Posts

03-17-2018

GB

43 Signins

239 Page Views

• Views: 239
  • Message 247 of 288

2018-08-16, 7:53 AM

Hi JM,

I've been monitoring wi-fi connections since 1st August as promised.

The bad news is that even after the system update, I'm still getting WiFi dropouts, and they have become more frequent over the last couple of weeks - or maybe I'm just noticing them more because I'm keeping an eye on it.

The good news is that I don't need to go to the trouble of switching Bluetooth on to get them - the dropouts happen even with Bluetooth off, although maybe not quite as fequently. In some cases, switching Bluetooth off causes re-connection immediately, but not in others.

All very rendom, and all very unsatisfactory.

Can you point me to the release notes for the software update detailing that this issue was supposed to be resolved?

Jerry

Options

9 Posts

09-28-2008

US

15 Signins

124 Page Views

• Views: 124
  • Message 248 of 288

2018-08-16, 12:15 PM

FIXED, well, sort of. Have been through 3 E4+ phones (includes 2 replacements provided under warranty) to no avail. Also proviced Moto with numerous bug reports that could not get (it seems) their software folks proper attention.

Finally stumbled on a Google Play utility that has fixed 90% of the WiFi disconnect/reconnect cycles that were driving me insane. (For the record, none of my other phones (6 non Motorola units) have had any WiFi issues).

This utilty is called 'WiFi Router Master Pro'. Give it a try, it worked for me!

Options

4 Posts

08-19-2018

US

6 Signins

35 Page Views

• Views: 35
  • Message 249 of 288

2018-08-19, 18:48 PM

Thanks so much for taking the time to join and post your solution dany2000! I spent literally 10+ hours chasing this Cricket app issue including a factory reset of the phone. I was so fed up I was ready to give up and buy a new device. Now I can enjoy my phone again!

Options

1 Posts

08-22-2018

US

3 Signins

53 Page Views

• Views: 53
  • Message 250 of 288

2018-08-22, 14:03 PM

I have tried all solutions up to this date with no success. I really shouldn't have to go through 246 posts to find a solution. What's the next "fix"?

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save