10-09-2018

US

3 Signins

36 Page Views

• Views: 36
  • Message 261 of 288

Re: Moto E4 wifi connection problems

2018-10-09, 4:37 AM

I also started having this issue with an Unlocked Moto E4 (not plus) more frequently after some extened connection to an Android based MMO (Dragalia Lost). Current carrier Verizon.

I have attempted various suggestions put forward to date. From Safe Mode to a Reset of the WiFi (Settings -> WiFi -> Gear/Config -> Reset default netowrks). I have also disabled Bluetooth. I have also put the phone into Airplane mode to disable all systems execpte WiFi. Issue remains.

Now, I have watched in Settings -> WiFi -> Gear/Config when this happens. The phone has an IPv6 address and an IPv4 dynamic address (assigned by Router). When the WiFi cuts out I can SEE it gain another 2nd IPv6 address (2 IPv6, 1 IPv4), and then the connection drops.

Disabling IPv6 at my router DOES NOT remove a self-assigned IPv6 address from the Moto E4. --> However it did stablize the connection. My router no longer accepts IPv6 from my ISP as a result.

This appears to be a SOFTWARE ISSUE  from Lenovo's implementation of Nuguts IPv6 handeling. Something gets screwey and it tries to take two IPv6 addresses at once and likely crashes (that drop and reacquire we are seeing). I would need to pull Debug Logs out of the phone to confirm that, but I have many other things pressing on my time and the testing I've done is about the extent I care without Lenovo paying me (consulting rate) to do their jobs for them. If I come to care any more about this, I'll just skip all this and move to rooting and installing Oreo 8.1 through Lieage OS.

For Verizon users who got suckered into buying their hyper-locked version over just buying a stock Unlocked model, my sympathizes. Maybe if you make big sad kitty/puppy eyes at a store employee they'll release a Bootloader unlock code to you.

Options

6 Posts

10-02-2018

US

11 Signins

106 Page Views

• Views: 106
  • Message 262 of 288

2018-10-09, 4:55 AM
Mine is also a unlocked phone. But my carrier is Life wireless. O spent a couple hours on the phone with At&t. The said all is good on their end. So I'm waiting for the solution from Motorola or Lenovo.
Options

2 Posts

09-22-2018

PH

2 Signins

22 Page Views

• Views: 22
  • Message 263 of 288

Re: Moto E4 Plus not connecting to Wifi

2018-10-10, 2:56 AM

Yes to both questions. Encountered this problem after installing the update for my e4 plus even before the Sept 2018 update.

Options

5405 Posts

07-12-2014

US

925 Signins

79600 Page Views

• Views: 79600
  • Message 264 of 288

2018-10-11, 20:27 PM

I have passed this along to our engineers, but we'd like to get some more information about the state of the affected devices. Kindly send a bug report regarding this. Bug report will collect information about your current device state. Also, please provide the make and model of your router and the security protocol you are using.

Below are the steps for getting bug report:

1. Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on Build number 7 times on the build number to go into the developer options mode]
2. After the above steps, Developer options will be enabled.
3. Go to Settings ->Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On
4. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On
5. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Wi-Fi Verbose Logging > Toggle On
6. Once the issue is reproduced, Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power down menu.
7. Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.
8. Then upload the BugReport to your personal Google Drive and then share the link to the BugReport on the forums in a reply or via a private message.
9. Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the time that you observed the behavior in local time.

Note: Make sure that you turn developer options OFF after creating the bug report. Otherwise, it can cause issues on the phone with the additional logged being enabled in the background.

Please provide the following information as well:

Make/Model of router: 

Security protocol used: (WEP, WPA, WPA2)

Also, if you haven't yet, would you please update your profile with the IMEI number of your phone? Is it okay if we look into your apps? This will help us investigate. Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled. If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

This may be going too far, but if anyone of you has a Mac, we could really use some help in getting additional sniffer logs. It will greatly hasten the investigation.

Regards,
JM
Motorola Support

**Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Options

6 Posts

10-02-2018

US

11 Signins

106 Page Views

• Views: 106
  • Message 265 of 288

2018-10-18, 4:19 AM
So how do I stop this? I have even talked to Motorola. They want me to send my phone in. I can't go without my phone. All my medical appointments and everything are in it.
Options

1 Posts

10-28-2018

GB

2 Signins

11 Page Views

• Views: 11
  • Message 266 of 288

2018-10-28, 10:05 AM

I bought the Moto E4 Plus around a month ago and have continuous issues with the WiFi connection.  It connects for a few seconds and then drops the connection constantly.  This happens on my home wifi and also at all other friends/family wifi, so its across the board.  All other devices connect with no issues, therefore it is the mobile phone itself which is the issue.  Therefore I'm not able to use the internet.  Due to this phone not being able to connect to the internet for long enough my data charges with my provider have skyrocketed!  Im having to avoid using maps on my phone, which I really need to use for my job as I travel all over a large area, or switch mobile data on for a short period before leaving home to get the route I need and then switch mobile data off again.  I am also now having issues sending texts too.  I am having to re-boot my phone every time I want to send a text.  So with all the things I can't use now the phone is now basically just an expensive camera.

Please fix this issue so I can actually use the phone for the purpose it's intended.  Alternatively, please recall this model of mobile phone and replace with a model that doesn't have any issues.

Options

5405 Posts

07-12-2014

US

925 Signins

79600 Page Views

• Views: 79600
  • Message 267 of 288

2018-11-05, 18:03 PM

wrote:

I bought the Moto E4 Plus around a month ago and have continuous issues with the WiFi connection.  It connects for a few seconds and then drops the connection constantly.  This happens on my home wifi and also at all other friends/family wifi, so its across the board.  All other devices connect with no issues, therefore it is the mobile phone itself which is the issue.  Therefore I'm not able to use the internet.  Due to this phone not being able to connect to the internet for long enough my data charges with my provider have skyrocketed!  Im having to avoid using maps on my phone, which I really need to use for my job as I travel all over a large area, or switch mobile data on for a short period before leaving home to get the route I need and then switch mobile data off again.  I am also now having issues sending texts too.  I am having to re-boot my phone every time I want to send a text.  So with all the things I can't use now the phone is now basically just an expensive camera.

Please fix this issue so I can actually use the phone for the purpose it's intended.  Alternatively, please recall this model of mobile phone and replace with a model that doesn't have any issues.

It will actually help us root-cause this concern if you would help us with some more information as posted in my message here.

Regards,
JM
Motorola Support

**Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Options

1 Posts

11-12-2018

US

1 Signins

19 Page Views

• Views: 19
  • Message 268 of 288

2018-11-12, 15:49 PM
somebody can fix it? i send mine to motorola today
Options

2 Posts

11-14-2018

IN

1 Signins

11 Page Views

• Message 269 of 288

2018-11-14, 12:11 PM

Has there been a solution to this problem yet?

Options

2 Posts

11-14-2018

IN

1 Signins

11 Page Views

• Message 270 of 288

2018-11-14, 12:12 PM
Has there been a solution to this problem yet?
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete