Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit our eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto E PhonesMOTO E™ 4th Gen / MOTO E™ 4th Gen Plus
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

10-09-2018

United States of America

2 Signins

38 Page Views

• Views: 38
  • Message 1 of 4

Moto E4 will not charge at all

2018-10-09, 14:37 PM

I had no problems with this phone for the first few months, but all of a sudden it has decided it will not charge at all. I had it plugged in and charging overnight, and it did not even go up 1 percent even though it indicates that it is "charging in AC" and has the lightning symbol in the battery.

I have tried different cables and outlets. I have made sure the port is clean as far as I can tell externally. I have tried restarting the phone. I have tried a factory reset. Nothing helps, and I am growing increasingly worried and frustrated.

Some suggestions online say to try and "recalibrate" the battery by restarting, letting it charge fully, and then leaving in on charge for another hour or so. There is no way this will work for me, as it will not charge at all. 

Note that I do not have the original cable that came with the phone, though I do have and am using the original wall port. I tried a different port just in case, and still had no luck.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Options

28352 Posts

02-02-2016

United States of America

5841 Signins

132765 Page Views

• Views: 132765
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: Moto E4 will not charge at all

2018-10-09, 14:50 PM

wrote:

I had no problems with this phone for the first few months, but all of a sudden it has decided it will not charge at all. I had it plugged in and charging overnight, and it did not even go up 1 percent even though it indicates that it is "charging in AC" and has the lightning symbol in the battery.

I have tried different cables and outlets. I have made sure the port is clean as far as I can tell externally. I have tried restarting the phone. I have tried a factory reset. Nothing helps, and I am growing increasingly worried and frustrated.

Some suggestions online say to try and "recalibrate" the battery by restarting, letting it charge fully, and then leaving in on charge for another hour or so. There is no way this will work for me, as it will not charge at all. 

Note that I do not have the original cable that came with the phone, though I do have and am using the original wall port. I tried a different port just in case, and still had no luck.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Have you tried charging with phone powered off or in safe mode?

To reboot into safe mode, tap the power button until you see power off on screen. Then tap and hold power off (on screen) and a new menu will appear to reboot into safe mode.

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Options

3 Posts

10-09-2018

United States of America

2 Signins

38 Page Views

• Views: 38
  • Message 3 of 4

2018-10-09, 16:25 PM

Charging in safety mode didn't help, but charging while it's turned off is helping somewhat. It has finally started to charge, very slowly and I won't be able to use it while it's charging, but that's definitely better than not charging at all. 

Options

3 Posts

01-05-2020

United States of America

1 Signins

19 Page Views

• Views: 19
  • Message 4 of 4

2020-01-05, 19:54 PM

Shoot, how in the world did you get yours to charge? Mine won't even show the battery symbol. I have only used the original but since mine has been shut off to where i cant use it at all, i gave the charger away. Moto e4 is junk, really screwed me over this time... thanks 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms