Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto E PhonesMOTO E™ 4th Gen / MOTO E™ 4th Gen Plus
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

02-07-2018

Pakistan

2 Signins

32 Page Views

• Views: 32
  • Message 481 of 803

Why won't the Moto E4 and E4 Plus receive the Oreo update?

2018-02-07, 17:25 PM

Is lenevo scamming us?

Is their advertising they said Motorola E4 receiving N and O Android?

What is the problem now?

Options

454 Posts

10-28-2017

United States of America

606 Signins

7395 Page Views

• Views: 7395
  • Message 482 of 803

Re: NEED Android O 8.0 Oreo update for moto e4 plus with all bugs cleared

2018-02-08, 11:42 AM

You really should check how many devices still run marshmallow I think it's 28%, nougat JUST and I mean a couple days ago became the most used operating system currently with OREO ONLY BEING IN 1.1% OF DEVICES so do please tell me why this device deserves OREO?
Please don't be ignorant, deal with fact that it's over for the E4 and E4 plus ok.
It's really comical how not even 2% of devices have Oreo and you people are begging for it.
You keep drinking on about Nokia, well maybe you should have bought one. You keep saying that they are PLANNING on updating all their devices, yet they haven't at all.
I get what you are saying but you need to understand that unless you buy a pixel, Galaxy, even blackberry has a device with Oreo, but that's it my friend. You just aren't understanding how slow Android and it's operating system updates work, so yes this like repeating myself because you and I have already had this conversation.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.engadget.com/amp/2017/12/12/google-android-oreo-platform-update/
Start here, you know me I'll go all day. It's not a matter of being right about something or wrong it's about being educated and understanding why things work the way they do
Options

454 Posts

10-28-2017

United States of America

606 Signins

7395 Page Views

• Message 483 of 803

2018-02-08, 11:54 AM

wrote:

It's always a time thing with you isn't it Tony....You talk about how you have answered all the questions but I still don't think you realize what is being requested....You keep saying people with premium devices haven't got it yet when that is not what is in dispute...

Of course people that paid for flagships should be at the front of the line for Oreo updates. This is obvious...But to end of life this phone the day it came out, I will never let lemoto live it down. This should not be tolerated and should not become a standard...Again it's time to get embarrassed moto by Nokia....

It came out now that Nokia will also be updating the Nokia 2 device. This is a bottom of the barrel, lowest end device they make but yet they still support it. It will get 8.1 directly even. The NOkia 2 has 1 GIG OF RAM and is running a Snapdragon 212 and it will get oreo 8.1.

http://www.techradar.com/news/nokia-2-to-receive-android-81-oreo-nokia-3-oreo-beta-rolling-out-soon

That is just shameful Lemoto. 

https://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/android-distribution-news/

Options

26 Posts

02-08-2015

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

24 Signins

202 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 202
  • Message 484 of 803

2018-02-08, 12:10 PM

I've just read most of the back posts if the device has a 24 month software update policy then why can't the e4 plus get Oreo? I smell bull **bleep** the g4 plus is still getting it and that's a end of life device also Moto are just pure **bleep** for security updates.yes major updates do take time but why can't they "take time" to work on Oreo for e4 plus people begged and moaned about it for the g4 plus so it's not impossible to do it but just for the record Moto should atleast provide timely and important security updates I even better that people who work for Lenovo only have the flagships or a different brand of smartphone for use lol

S.Cunningham
Options

454 Posts

10-28-2017

United States of America

606 Signins

7395 Page Views

• Message 485 of 803

2018-02-08, 12:16 PM
Resolution1080x1920 pixels
Storage32GB
Processor1.5GHz octa-core
RAM2GB
Rear Camera13-megapixel
Front Camera5-megapixel
OSAndroid 6.0
Battery Capacity3400mAh
ZTE ZMax Pro detailed specifications GENERAL
Release dateJuly 2016
Form factorTouchscreen
Battery capacity (mAh)3400
Removable batteryNo
DISPLAY
Screen size (inches)6.00
TouchscreenYes
Resolution1080x1920 pixels
HARDWARE
Processor1.5GHz octa-core
Processor makeQualcomm Snapdragon 617 MSM8952
RAM2GB
Internal storage32GB
Expandable storageYes
Expandable storage typemicroSD
CAMERA
Rear camera13-megapixel
Rear FlashLED
Front camera5-megapixel
SOFTWARE
Operating SystemAndroid 6.0
CONNECTIVITY
Wi-FiYes
GPSYes
BluetoothYes
NFCNo
InfraredNo
USB OTGNo
Headphones3.5mm
FMYes
Number of SIMs1
SIM TypeMicro-SIM
GSM/CDMAGSM
3GYes
4G/ LTEYes
Supports 4G in India (Band 40)No
SENSORS
Compass/ MagnetometerNo
Proximity sensorYes
AccelerometerYes
Ambient light sensorYes
GyroscopeYes
BarometerNo
Temperature sensor

No

Now here's a device that just came in my possession, that literally has more power than this E4 and E4+, AND MOST MIDGRADE DEVICES in fact that is how the carrier sold it and it was dead the day it was unboxed. This is nothing new. This device can handle nougat, it can handle oreo. And had MetroPcs not made it carrier branded I could modify it...... But this is something thats happening more and more commonly nowadays.especially when each version of Android is tailored to each device. As more and more devices are coming with a more vanilla version of Android and copyrights to carrier branded phones modification is becoming more difficult,  It's an Android problem, carrier problem, and oem problem. Maybe we should have done more shopping around before we bought this device? Maybe next time we will, I will tell you one thing once you do some research and see how this Android crap works you become a bit smarter as to what you buy. 
Just stay true to nature, want a constantly updated device? Buy Google, Nexus, pixel, next in line is Samsung top tier. You honestly do get what you pay for..... And even that isn't guaranteed I've seen the best of devices die immediatly see above

Options

454 Posts

10-28-2017

United States of America

606 Signins

7395 Page Views

• Message 486 of 803

2018-02-08, 12:17 PM
This is the ztepro max MetroPCS/tmobile
Options

454 Posts

10-28-2017

United States of America

606 Signins

7395 Page Views

• Message 487 of 803

2018-02-08, 12:18 PM
Your two years are for security updates bro, not a new os
Options

454 Posts

10-28-2017

United States of America

606 Signins

7395 Page Views

• Message 488 of 803

2018-02-08, 12:39 PM
Options

454 Posts

10-28-2017

United States of America

606 Signins

7395 Page Views

• Message 489 of 803

2018-02-08, 12:54 PM

wrote:

It's always a time thing with you isn't it Tony....You talk about how you have answered all the questions but I still don't think you realize what is being requested....You keep saying people with premium devices haven't got it yet when that is not what is in dispute...

Of course people that paid for flagships should be at the front of the line for Oreo updates. This is obvious...But to end of life this phone the day it came out, I will never let lemoto live it down. This should not be tolerated and should not become a standard...Again it's time to get embarrassed moto by Nokia....

It came out now that Nokia will also be updating the Nokia 2 device. This is a bottom of the barrel, lowest end device they make but yet they still support it. It will get 8.1 directly even. The NOkia 2 has 1 GIG OF RAM and is running a Snapdragon 212 and it will get oreo 8.1.

http://www.techradar.com/news/nokia-2-to-receive-android-81-oreo-nokia-3-oreo-beta-rolling-out-soon

That is just shameful Lemoto. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.howtogeek.com/129273/why-your-android-phone-isnt-getting-operating-system-updates-and-what-you-can-do-about-it/amp/

Options

26 Posts

02-08-2015

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

24 Signins

202 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 202
  • Message 490 of 803

2018-02-08, 13:50 PM

See there you go because of a massive fan base the g4 plus has got the Oreo schedule did Lenovo have to do it,no but they did because they where under pressure and as for security updates I'm on October 17 still no krack meltdown or spectre patch as of yet and it's February 18 so you tell me if that's acceptable,no it is not.i bought the Moto e4 plus beacuse of motorola reputation on update wether it was a major is jump or just security so I can use my device freely knowing that it's safe but that has gone out the window.i really do like the e4 plus especialy the battery life if I had the type of money to buy flagship I would of done but my pocket could only afford this device as it's a luxury for me.as for the 24 month update policy it is true but the actual number of updates Lenovo will provide in that timeframe they will not tell you maybe lucky if you get 1 maybe 2.my partner has a Moto g5 and she is still stuck on Jan 17 which is over a year old on retgb channel that is absolutely shocking for statistics yet other software channels are on atleast November's for that specific device

S.Cunningham
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms