07-27-2016

US

5 Signins

47 Page Views

• Views: 47
  • Message 1 of 4

Swollen battery

2020-10-15, 19:41 PM

Battery has swollen so it popped the cover and now it won't close.  Looks dangerous.  Motorola Service Center finder thinks Warrenton, Virginia, is in India, along with all the other Virginia cities I tried.  The bot on chat is from another planet as far as understanding the issue I explained.  Glanced at the parts price list because the battery is clearly labeled DO NOT ATTEMPT TO REMOVE, but if Motorola thinks I'll be paying $250 for labor alone (after sending the phone to India), they're crazy.  I love my phone, but if this is Motorola's idea of service, my next phone will not be a Motorola.

Suggestions?

Solved! See the solution
Options

858 Posts

08-15-2020

GB

308 Signins

8080 Page Views

• Views: 8080
  • Message 2 of 4

Re:Swollen battery

2020-10-16, 11:48 AM

Definitely dangerous, do not use it. Put it somewhere safe! If not economically viable to get official Motorola service, try a local reputable phone/IT repair service for a quote?

■ I am not a Motorola/Lenovo Employee. I am a volunteer who happens to be a Moderator. All comments are my own and are not necessarily Motorola/Lenovo's position. ■ Please search the forum before posting. I do not respond to unsolicited PMs ■ Site Rules: https://tinyurl.com/yxlqjnal ■ Site Advice: https://tinyurl.com/yxchoq72 ■ If you post a question and no-one answers it does not mean no-one is thinking about it ■
Options

2512 Posts

03-11-2019

US

635 Signins

46845 Page Views

• Views: 46845
  • Message 3 of 4

2020-10-16, 16:00 PM

Hi Staudtgc,

I will try my best to help you with this. We recommend that you have your phone repaired. You can find your repair options on our site here, and they include an extensive walk-in repair network that in many cases can provide same-day service, plus mail-in and some fix-it yourself options. You will find an interactive map that allows you to find a carry-in center convenient to you. We recommend contacting the repair center to ensure they are prepared for your specific issue. Here is the link to our repair website: https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/mcp/service/open/request?linkId=54149943. You will need to login first and register your IMEI before you are able to choose the replacement options. 

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

8 Posts

07-27-2016

US

5 Signins

47 Page Views

• Views: 47
  • Message 4 of 4

2020-10-16, 19:42 PM

Thanks, Zeke.  It appears the nearest walk-in center is 40 miles away.  Not cool to mail a battery in that condition.

I bought a new phone from my service provider.  Disposable world. :(

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete