Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto E PhonesMOTO E™ 4th Gen / MOTO E™ 4th Gen Plus
All Forum Topics
Options

4 Posts

12-17-2019

Brazil

4 Signins

41 Page Views

• Views: 41
  • Message 1 of 15

MOTO E4 doesn't display keyboard after turning on

2019-12-17, 15:34 PM

Hi, there

I've been using my moto E4 for about 2 years now and never had a single issue with it. Today, after it ran out of energy, I connected it again so it can be recharged. But as soons as it boots, the keyboard doesn't show up so I can type my password and unlock my phone.

I tried rebooting it in safe mode, but nothing changes.

I noticed that when changing to a new user within the cellphone, the keyboard displays properly, though no password is required for unlocking the cellphone using the other user.

Can please someone shed a light on this ?

I can't use my phone at all !!

Options

2 Posts

12-16-2019

Argentina

4 Signins

53 Page Views

• Views: 53
  • Message 2 of 15

Moto E4 Plus Screen Lock by Password and Keyboard Issue

2019-12-17, 11:58 AM

Hello, i have a problem with my Moto E4 plus, the phone is protected with password but i can't unblock it because the keyboard does not appear. Sometimes it shows the message "GBoard continua fallando". I have tried a "Wipe Cache Partition" but the problem continues.

Any ideas??

Thanks in advance!

Martin

Options

4519 Posts

03-11-2019

United States of America

782 Signins

62255 Page Views

• Views: 62255
  • Message 3 of 15

Re: MOTO E4 doesn't display keyboard after turning on

2019-12-17, 17:01 PM

Hi lsabreu,

Thanks for posting. Are you able to access the Google Play store via the new user? If yes, please do an update on the Gboard app and let us know if the Keyboard is working on the old or original user. 

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the Thumbs up icon on the bottom right thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

1 Posts

12-17-2019

Japan

2 Signins

32 Page Views

• Views: 32
  • Message 4 of 15

2019-12-17, 17:25 PM
hello i Got same trtouble can access the screen. and i try to enable disable the phone but there s more options that I can poist if correct or not anyway its possible to save all my documents or pictures how much to Fix the phone ?
i have super Important juditial files and pictures Evidences in the Phone but it dosnt work.. how much to fix it in your country
how long to have my phone fixed
thanks
andre japao there is a Representant or Motorola office in japan ???
i want to brinbg my phine there to be fixed
Options

4 Posts

12-17-2019

Brazil

4 Signins

41 Page Views

• Message 5 of 15

2019-12-17, 17:40 PM

Hi, Agent_Zeke

the app was already up to date.

I tried cleaning the cache in this other user, but then the problem started in this other session as well.

I had to buy an OTG cable, connect a keyboard to my cel, enter the password and clean both cache and data from Gboard so that I started running again. Awful solution, but worked

Options

4519 Posts

03-11-2019

United States of America

782 Signins

62255 Page Views

• Message 6 of 15

Re: Moto E4 Plus Screen Lock by Password and Keyboard Issue

2019-12-17, 17:43 PM

Hi Martin150,

I would suggest updating your Gboard using your browser. Here is the link for the Gboard. If that does not work then you may need to do an external reset on the phone to get access again. Here are the instructions to do an external reset. 

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the Thumbs up icon on the bottom right thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

1 Posts

12-17-2019

United States of America

2 Signins

24 Page Views

• Views: 24
  • Message 7 of 15

2019-12-17, 17:52 PM

The only way I could resolve this was to do a "recovery" on my phone.

Note:  all your applications and parameters (settings) will be lost. So, I hope you've done a back up to your gmail account on all your android applications.

Basically, you turn your phone off, then press the power button and the volume down button and hold it for about 4 or 5 seconds. This will bring you into the "AP Flashboot Flash Mode". From there you can press the volume down button to get to the "Recovery Mode". Then follow the screen instructions to recover your system.

During this process, you will be asked to recover your gmail backup. So have your account name and password ready.

Once you've recovered, down load the Lenovo Smart Assist application software to a computer (not your phone) from the Lenovo/Motorolla site. Start the application. It will show you how to put your phone into developer mode so that you can reflash your drive from a computer is you ever need to again.

This has happened to me twice already. Once I got my phone reflashed, the application made it easy for me to get it reflashed as there is a rescue section in the software. This rescue section in the Lenovo Motor Smart Assist made fixing the problem very easy.

The only issue I have to answer now, is why is this happening?

Options

2 Posts

12-16-2019

Argentina

4 Signins

53 Page Views

• Views: 53
  • Message 8 of 15

2019-12-18, 1:35 AM

I found a solution to this! I could connect an external keyboard to the phone using a OTG connector, using that keyboard i can enter the password and access the phone!

Thanks for the answers!

Options

4 Posts

12-17-2019

Brazil

4 Signins

41 Page Views

• Message 9 of 15

2019-12-24, 14:22 PM
Hi, Agent Zeeke

the problem appeared again once the battery of the cellphone died.
Is there any other approach other than external reset leading to file loss ?
Options

4519 Posts

03-11-2019

United States of America

782 Signins

62255 Page Views

• Message 10 of 15

2019-12-26, 14:13 PM

Hi lsabreu,

If you cannot access the phone because of the lock screen to update the Gboard then you may need to do a reset. You can follow the other suggestion of users in which they use an OTG keyboard to enter the password and update the keyboard app.

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms