Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Karura
Paper Tape
Views: 84
Message 1 of 3

Find Notification Sounds

I'm changing from my moto E to a moto z3 play, but my new phone doesn't have all the options for notification tones that I used to have on my moto E. There is a special notification tone that I really want to have, but I can't find the default ringtones and notifications sounds anywhere in my moto E, in order to copy this sound into my SD card and move it to the new phone.

I know that we usually don't have access to the folder with default tones, but my moto E is rooted, so I was thinking I should be able to find it. There are no folders named "media", "ringtones" or "notifications". (I use Total Commander as file explorer.)

Can someone help me to find the notifications folder? Or at least to find a way of downloading previous motorola defaults in the new phone.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 74
Message 2 of 3

Re: Find Notification Sounds

Hi Karura,

Thanks for posting. Are you still using the notification ringtone with your Moto E? If so, the ringtone must be just somewhere in your Files, try to check if it's on the Downloaded Files > Touch the blue Arrow facing upward. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Highlighted
Karura
Paper Tape
Views: 60
Message 3 of 3

Re: Find Notification Sounds

Hi Rich,

thanks for the reply. I was using the ringtone, but couldn't find it anywhere in my files. So I "solved" my problem by just recording the sound with the best microphone I could find and them downloading this new file in my new cell.