cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nepcior
Paper Tape
Views: 3,013
Message 1 of 8

Flashing failed, no bootloader, phone dead. Rescue?

I tried to restore stock firmware on unlocked Moto e XT1021. Something went wrong during flashing. It stopped. Now the phone is dead. Even bootloader does not start. If i try to turn the phone on only white LED is flashing (one long flash and one short, pasue, and again). Pressing POWER+VOLUME DOWN resulting same LED flashing too. Screen remains black. Nothing more.

Is there any chance to rescue the phone?

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 2,969
Message 2 of 8

Re: Flashing failed, no bootloader, phone dead. Rescue?

@Nepcior wrote:

I tried to restore stock firmware on unlocked Moto e XT1021. Something went wrong during flashing. It stopped. Now the phone is dead. Even bootloader does not start. If i try to turn the phone on only white LED is flashing (one long flash and one short, pasue, and again). Pressing POWER+VOLUME DOWN resulting same LED flashing too. Screen remains black. Nothing more.

Is there any chance to rescue the phone?

Hi Nepcior,

Have you tried to plug it into the charger while pressing and holding the power button and volume down button? This will help you turn on the phone and see if this will work.

Regards,

Jess

Motorola Support

Nepcior
Paper Tape
Views: 2,958
Message 3 of 8

Yes, I tried. Only LED is flashing.
Lonewolf_61
Paper Tape
Views: 2,891
Message 4 of 8

Same problem here. Same phone XT1021, phone wanted to download an update and asked permission which I gave. The phone went through its routine, little android robot displaying an open chest to signify updating, then black screen and nothing works.

No bootloader on power and vol down so can't even reinstall or recover. Just flashing leds when connected to charger and a dead phone. Tried the 2 minute power button press - Nothing. Tried the vol down 30 second press - Nothing. Tried charging the battery overnight - Nothing.

This phone booted fine until it downloaded that update. Now it's totally dead and useless.

What has happened? If I could just get to the bootloader I might be able to recover it but, as I said, Nothing.

Not happy at all...

Lonewolf_61
Paper Tape
Views: 2,764
Message 5 of 8

So, no answers to this query? Are we to assume then that Motorola mobile phones are susceptible to being destroyed by official Android updates?

Either way this has taught me two things. Don't buy a Motorola phone in the future, and never recommend one to anyone else either.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 2,756
Message 6 of 8

@Lonewolf_61 wrote:

So, no answers to this query? Are we to assume then that Motorola mobile phones are susceptible to being destroyed by official Android updates?

Either way this has taught me two things. Don't buy a Motorola phone in the future, and never recommend one to anyone else either.

Hi Lonewolf_61,

Have you tried to charge it using different chargers? If that still didn't work, service may be needed.

Regards,
Jess
Motorola Support

Lonewolf_61
Paper Tape
Views: 2,743
Message 7 of 8

Hi. I have tried a number of different chargers up to an output current of 3A and none make any difference whatsoever. What is so infuriating about this entire issue though is that the phone worked fine until the Android update, and now it's pretty much a dead phone.

All chargers I have used give the same result. A flashing LED when the charger is plugged in, usually the same sequence of flashes as above and a phone that refuses to boot up either connected to the charger or not. As I said previously, if I could just get to the boot loader then I could reinstall the OS and sort the problem myself, but it won't even boot to the bootloader.

If this is likely to be a return to service job, then that's going to cost me more than the phone is probably worth as it's now out of warranty.

It just seems a shame that this phone is now rendered useless by an official update, and through no fault of my own...

MotoG5S_Device
Paper Tape
Views: 933
Message 8 of 8

Go to repair shop tell them to install bootloader recovery it will take you some of Rupees 500-600 indian currency your phone started and you able to get bootloader recovery.

More information just in google : a1_rakesh 

Top Kudoed Authors