Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JoshL108
What's DOS?
Views: 65
Message 1 of 4

No sound, No microphone, No Media Usage Moto X1

Hi, I've got a media issue (android 5.1) where no sound will play from speaker or headphones, the microphone doens't seem to work, if I try to record video the camera shuts down, if I try to play a video on youtube app it fails, if i try to play a video or song in chrome, chrrome issues a 'stopped working' error and shuts down. I have tried clearing the cache and it has been factory reset, power cycled multiple times, issue persists in safe mode. Anyone familiar with these symptoms?

Highlighted
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 36
Message 2 of 4

Re: No sound, No microphone, No Media Usage Moto X1

@JoshL108 wrote:

Hi, I've got a media issue (android 5.1) where no sound will play from speaker or headphones, the microphone doens't seem to work, if I try to record video the camera shuts down, if I try to play a video on youtube app it fails, if i try to play a video or song in chrome, chrrome issues a 'stopped working' error and shuts down. I have tried clearing the cache and it has been factory reset, power cycled multiple times, issue persists in safe mode. Anyone familiar with these symptoms?

Hi JoshL108,

Sorry to know about this. Since you have tried all the basic troubleshooting steps, and the issue still persists, there might be an issue with the hardware. Can you take the hardware test-- Go to App drawer > Moto Help > Take the full test. Let us know the result.

Regards,

Suman

JoshL108
What's DOS?
Views: 27
Message 3 of 4

Hi. All Audio hardware tests in Device Help failed (Speaker, Headset, Audio Jack), and the Microphone test itself failed (won't run, says "Record fail!" when I press the begin test button). Do you think it's one component affecting all, what do I replace first? Thanks
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 16
Message 4 of 4

@JoshL108 wrote:
Hi. All Audio hardware tests in Device Help failed (Speaker, Headset, Audio Jack), and the Microphone test itself failed (won't run, says "Record fail!" when I press the begin test button). Do you think it's one component affecting all, what do I replace first? Thanks

Hi JoshL108,

Sorry to know about this, looks like there is an issue with the hardware and need a repair. Request you to submit your device for a repair, check the mentioned link here.

Regards,

Suman