Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mani_Moto
What's DOS?
Views: 18,815
Message 1 of 9

USB internet option missing in moto e

Hai friends please help me.how can I share my laptops internet to my mobile via USB cable..I tried a lot but I can't..

But my friend uses xolo mobile but there is an option for him to share laptops internet to mobile ,the option is named as "USB internet"..I have attached the screenshot of my friends mobile.just see tat option name and give me a solution
luckymouse17
What's DOS?
Views: 18,814
Message 2 of 9

Re: USB internet option missing in moto e

enter settings > more > tethering and portable hotspot > usb tethering

edit :
oh i think i wrong, i think moto e don't have that feature, you may searxh some 3rd party windows software like c*nnecrifyme

i dont know if there was any 3rd party android app can do this
tenmay47
Blue Screen Again
Message 3 of 9

You can't connect your laptop internet to your moto e this option not available but some manufacturers provide this function like htc
cksup
Punch Card
Message 4 of 9

First of all don't ask questions regarding custom rom over here and i think to avail that facility you need to connect the mobile to PC with usb first which i guess you haven't done

anil_2705
Fanfold Paper
Message 5 of 9

I suppose the option is available in moto e, but remains greyed out until the phone is connected to a pc via usb cable
Mani_Moto
What's DOS?
Message 6 of 9

I have checked in my moto g also but that option is not available,we have to suggest Motorola to add that option,since its very very useful friends....
How can we recommend to motorola
teffysam
Token Ring
Views: 18,777
Message 7 of 9

Connect your phone to your laptop, go to settings->More...->Tethering & mobile hotspot->USB Tethering. When you select this for the first time, your phone installs a couple of extra drivers and you see a new Local Area Network connection (remote NDIS based internet sharing). Now, this option is for sharing your Mobile internet with your laptop.  

What you have mentioned in your post is Reverse Tethering (sharing your laptop's internet with your phone via usb). So I looked into it and this is what I found out.

I enabled USB tethering on my phone and then I tried sharing my laptop's Wifi (On your laptop go to Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network and Sharing Center\Change Adapter Settings->Right click the Adapter (WiFi or Ethernet or USB dongle) you want to share to your Tethered "Local Area Network"->Sharing Tab->Tick all those boxes and Choose "Local Area Network" from the drop down list. Don't confuse this with your Ethernet (look for remote NDIS... instead). So I finally came to the conclusion that internet does not enable on your phone. It seems that Motorola has not included this feature unlike HTC and other manufacturers, as others have pointed out here. 

Rooting or modding your phone will ultimately void your warranty and discussions about the same are not allowed on the forum.

Try installing Connectify on your laptop. There's a trial version available I think. It turns your laptop into a WiFi hotspot. And to be frank, its more convenient than a USB cable. 

Mani_Moto
What's DOS?
Views: 18,777
Message 8 of 9

Thanks bro I'll try it and I'll give you the feedback
Highlighted
bpshbp
What's DOS?
Views: 18,494
Message 9 of 9

I dont have USB ethernet option in my  Karbonn Titanium S1 Plus mobile http://gadgets.ndtv.com/karbonn-titanium-s1-plus-1569

so can i use lan ethernet to connect to my Karbonn Titanium S1 Plus mobile on  Rooted phone as i tried ways u suggested

Please feel free to contact me anytime via e-mail at besumitbe@gmail.com, or on Skype at bpshbp & be online to discuss