Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
UKMotorolaMan
What's DOS?
Views: 6,687
Message 1 of 8

Can't transfer photos....

Hi, I can't transfer any photos from my Moto E to my laptop. My phone charges fine using the USB cable, but when I get the Windows 7 dialogue prompt, when I select the option to transfer photos from the device, I get the message "No new pictures or videos were found on this device."

Then, when I look for any folders via File Explorer, nothing is on there. 

The Gallery app on the phone works fine. I'm using Android 6, Marshmallow.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 6,720
Message 2 of 8

Re: Can't transfer photos....

@UKMotorolaMan wrote:

Hi, I can't transfer any photos from my Moto E to my laptop. My phone charges fine using the USB cable, but when I get the Windows 7 dialogue prompt, when I select the option to transfer photos from the device, I get the message "No new pictures or videos were found on this device."

Then, when I look for any folders via File Explorer, nothing is on there. 

The Gallery app on the phone works fine. I'm using Android 6, Marshmallow.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Yes, we see this question weekly. When connected to pc, pull down the notification bar on phone and under usb, select mtp or ptp mode.  If the notification shade pull down doesnt show usb options, you may have a charge only cable. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
UKMotorolaMan
What's DOS?
Views: 6,653
Message 3 of 8

Superb! I found the mtp and ptp mode.

Thanks Alpha Dog.

EmilyBaker
Punch Card
Views: 3,626
Message 4 of 8

Remember to give your phone authorization so that your computer can access it.

Or use a useful transfer tool

Step1: Download Assistant for Android and then Launch it.
Step2: Connect your phone and computer with USB cable
Step3: Choose the type of desired files to scan.
Step4: Sync the data to your computer

tikara
Paper Tape
Views: 3,618
Message 5 of 8

To transfer any photos from your Moto E to your laptop, maybe you need a pro Android Assistant tool. With its help, we can easily access photos on Moto E from computer via usb cable. Then we can transfer them to pc. 

tikara
Paper Tape
Views: 3,189
Message 6 of 8

For the one who can't transfer photos from android phone to pc via usb cable in MTP mode, you can try coolmuster android assistant. It will scan out all data on android phone and list them on program window, including photos. Then you can choose photos you want to transfer to pc easily. 

choas
Paper Tape
Views: 359
Message 7 of 8

Hi,you can download an Android assistant program on computer.And connect your device to computer via USB cable.The program will scan and display your photos,and you can transfer them easily.

Highlighted
Patricia69
What's DOS?
Views: 173
Message 8 of 8

Re: Can't transfer photos....from motorola g4 to pc acts like there are no pictures

I have been searching for the past 5 hours for a solution. The phone sees the first 12 pics and some background pics but does not show the other 220 plus photos. I have enabled ptp shows about 50 files but only 12 can be viewed and they other do import though greyed ou. Mtp shows 200 plus only twelve are visible rest are a greyed out boxes  and they do not import. I have gone into the settings and manually enabled the file transfer and mtp transfer still does not work. Rebooted twice nothing changed. Gone into file explorer to manually import to same result. If it is a wrong cable why is it importing the first dozen which show up on the PC as pictures and the 50 background vingettes and does not show the other quality pictures or import them.