Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
martinarmstrong
Blue Screen Again
Views: 74
Message 1 of 1

GPS regularly stops working

Quite often when I come to use the gps on my motorola one phone for navigating in waze, the gps is not working at all  and I mostly have to restart the phone to get it working again. In this situation I run the GPS essentials app and in the satellite section it finds no satellites at all when I am out in the open air. Sometimes I have tried switching the phone into flight mode for 20 seconds or switching off gps for a short time and back on again and that worked one time but I mostly have to restart the phone which always makes it work again.

Normally I leave GPS off to save on battery power and only switch on for Waze navigation.

The serial number of phone is ZY323BLXW2 and IMEI of main SIM-card is 359548091009691. I have tried to register the phone on the motorola web site with both these numbers but neither are accepted. When I start the Moto-help app it cannot display my warranty status. I purchased the phone on 11th January 2019 in Germany.

I intend to start the GPS hardware test in the moto-help app the next time the fault happens to see what the result is. The problem never happens in the middle of a journey, just several days after having last used the GPS.

The fault has periodically happened ever since I bought the phone. It was automatically updated from android 8 to 9 soon after I started using it so I don't know whether the fault also happened with android 8. Unfortunately it seems it is not possible to downgrade the phone to android 8 to find out.